• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

mdma after 1 month off antidepressants

blue68

Greenlighter
I have been taking fluoxetine/Prozac for my depression for about 10 months and stopped taking mdma because I was afraid of getting serotonin syndrome or dying. However, in the last month or so, I have not taken my medication, mostly due to my own laziness by not getting more pills, but I?m guessing the Prozac has left my system by now? So is it safe for me to take mdma this weekend?

I figure this is an opportunity not to be missed seeing as I happen to be off my meds, and have got a big night planned this weekend. Plus I haven?t done md in like 11 months and I?m really f***cking craving it. Any advice would be great

Thanks x

Blue, you will find differing opinions on this and of course always best to be conservative, but I did two weeks after my last dose--and that was after taking SSRIs for many years--and it was fine. Although that was Zoloft, which has a shorter half-life than Prozac. I've sat for a few others after that amount of time and it's gone well. On the other hand, if you're really craving it in that way, that seems like a good reason to me to wait. If you NEED it that's not a great sign.

On another note, if you can go a month without the Prozac, why mess with it? That stuff can be seriously bad news over time--it was for me, and I am hardly alone. Check out madinamerica.com for a lot of good articles, ranging from first-hand accounts to more scientific and professional material or survivingantidepressants.org for endless stories of people who've been made very ill. And here's a recent review article on the problems with SSRIs: https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fpsyt.2017.00275/full Or read Johann Hari's "Lost Connections," which has a good summary of the science.

Good luck!

Let us know what you decided to do. I'm also curious to know if this is a long enough break between antidepressant use and MDMA.

This is one of the excuses I have for not getting on SSRIs although I suspect I may eventually have to. I mean I only roll a few times a year but to have to on and off my meds every time for so long...