• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA 7 days after St. John's wort

terarc

Bluelighter
So myself and my girlfriend were taking a standardised SJW tablet 330mg twice daily for 3 weeks, ending last Friday (7 days ago). An event has come up tonight and we are contemplating doing MDMA, it's been 3 months since either of us has done it and we will be most likely taking one dose of 80-140mg. she is 130lbs and I'm 150. It's rumoured how SJW is an MAOI and hence dangerous to take with MDMA but the most up to date info I can find suggests SJW is so weak in MAOI action as to be negligible, so I'm unsure whether it'd be safe to dose tonight or not. The half life of SJW is 50 hours so it should be around 90% clear of our systems by now.

Most likely we won't do it anyway but it'd be good to know how potentially serious the combo could be. Thanks

Ermm, well if it was me I'd still do it in the knowledge that A) mostly all of it has left my system combined with B) it's only a weak MOAi anyway so whatever small portion is left is unlikely to significantly affect in a negative way. If anything, I'd take a stab in the dark and say that a weak MOAi would actually potentiate the good effects of MDMA instead of elevating serotonin to the height of syndrome level. I think SS is strictly reserved to combining solid doses of MDMA with solid doses of full and not partial MOAis. Thus, I doubt that directly combining MDMA with a weak MOAi would cause SS. The actual occurrence of SS is really tiny despite it's prominent appearance on this forum. Nevertheless, a good general rule of thumb is to avoid the combination.