• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA 200mg - but WHAT ? MDMA vs. MDMA*HCl

Feuer im Süden

Greenlighter
So MDMA is not crystaline when its the freebase, so everytime you get some its made to crystals with HCl.

But nowhere I read I get a hint what is not meant.

Everywhere it's called XXX mg of MDMA, but you actually NEVER get just PLAIN MDMA.

So if you get MDMA*HCl 1000% of the time, does it mean that ANY number also refers to the *HCl-Salt ?

Or would I always have to do the maths and calculate back into the real MDMA?

Just a sample: Guidline for Dosage = 1,3-1,5 mg x body weight. But then I only have like 100 mg MDMA and this is like 120 mg MDMA*HCl. (not really, just assuming now - you know what I mean with it)

So a Pill of 200 mg MDMA*HCl would not be the "perfect amount" if I think all numbers refer to plain MDMA, but it would be, if I assume everyone is talking from *HCl-Salt right from the beginning anyway.

Any thoughts ?

No, MDMA occurs in solid form as an HCl salt where there is roughly 84% freebase MDMA and 16% HCl salt IF the MDMA HCl is 100% pure. MDMA freebase would be liquid at room temp iirc.

MDMA dosage is always referreing to the solid form so all dosing is standard. You shouldn't be accounting for the HCl weight in your dosing.

Well to the first part: Why do you begin with "No" : D Didn't I just say the same thing, that everytime you get MD and it is crystals, then it is the HCl-Form ? But yeah ... I was also thinking that if people say numbers about MD then they must always be meaning MDMA*HCl. So if people say an optimal dose of MDMA would be 100mg of it, then the *real* optimal dose would be 84 mg instead, but as you never get the *real* MDMA as a freebase it's totally meaningless.

No meant that you wouldn't consider the salt weight. You are correct on the rest

Swim15 is correct. I'll just second this for reassurance. Dosage guidelines are all in hcl measurements. There is no need to address freebase

Yip, a few people have asked this recently. Everybody is using the HCL, so that's the standard. The 16% salt or whatever is irrelevant for dosing/general discussion/etc.