• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

MDEA - First Time - The First Time I Ate MDE.

I haven't seen MDEA show up in pillreports or ecstasydata in quite some time. I think other stuff is responsible for that. There are tons of RCs, plus it seems that there is a large-scale MDMA production that is producing pretty sub-par material. They talk about it in MED a lot.

So, a friend and I recently acquired 800mg of MDMA and were sent a purported test result from the dealer showing that the content of the powder is 99% MDMA and 0.9% MDEA.

Now, I'm assuming those numbers (if they're real) are a measure of the active compounds in the powder and not indicative of total content because from what I know, that sort of purity is impossible.

What do you guys think? Contamination? Or a synth mess up?

I'm sending the stuff for testing at a local psych hospital also so we'll see if these numbers are legit.

I'm sort of hoping they are and that the MDEA was caused by contamination because that would mean these chemists are cooking up MDEA as well which would be cool.

Anyone want to venture a guess as to whether or not such a small amount of MDEA would be noticeable at all in dosing this?

I’m highly skeptical of the dealer analysis report personally.

That said, that amount of MDEA would be unnoticeable. Likely the result of nitromethane that had a little nitroethane as an impurity, used as the methylamine/ethylamine source. If that report is to be trusted that is..

-GC

So, a friend and I recently acquired 800mg of MDMA and were sent a purported test result from the dealer showing that the content of the powder is 99% MDMA and 0.9% MDEA.

Now, I'm assuming those numbers (if they're real) are a measure of the active compounds in the powder and not indicative of total content because from what I know, that sort of purity is impossible.

What do you guys think? Contamination? Or a synth mess up?

I'm sending the stuff for testing at a local psych hospital also so we'll see if these numbers are legit.

I'm sort of hoping they are and that the MDEA was caused by contamination because that would mean these chemists are cooking up MDEA as well which would be cool.

Anyone want to venture a guess as to whether or not such a small amount of MDEA would be noticeable at all in dosing this?
That would be from an impurity in the precursors used to manufacture MDMA. I wouldn't worry about it affecting the experience - the topping you have on your pizza that night will have a bigger impact on the experience than such a minor MDEA impurity.

Is MDE/MDEA responsible for people who think that MDMA/MDA or ecstasy pills are laced with heroin or a downer? I never fucked with any MDxx drugs, meth, or research chems as they are not my thing.
No it's not responsible for that at all.
Idiots saying idiot things bcoz there idiots is responsible for that.

That said, that amount of MDEA would be unnoticeable. Likely the result of nitromethane that had a little nitroethane as an impurity, used as the methylamine/ethylamine source. If that report is to be trusted that is..

-GC

Ha, I don't trust it either....she sent my buddy this screen shot of purported test results with 90% of the screen redacted and only the line MDMA 99% MDEA 0.9% visible. Means fuckal until I send it for testing myself which I will hopefully be doing in the next week or so.

Thanks for the responses, guys...my initial thought was that it was synth mess up but I was kinda hoping this lab made MDEA on the side for fun or something and that it was contamination of the batch.

Well, I won't complain if it's actual MDMA though.

Cheers

Think I might of had mde once in some pink Motorolas(with just the M logo on them) in 08 or 09. Ate 2 and snorted 1/2. Effect were good an strong but it was a more mellow chilled out sort of roll compared to the other times I've done it. Wish I could of confirmed it.
Ended up doing a good amount of salvia and nitrous with it that night.

Friends had this stuff that they described as weaker mdma. I grabbed some and held onto it for a while.

My old test kit showed positive (purple/black) for Mdxx on marquis and blackish for mandelin and mecke but it was years old. Comparing results to what I’d call “normal” mdma there was an obvious colour difference tho so I held off for a while.

So when I got a new test kit I used folins and while not conclusive I can only assume that a positive, again with the new kit, for mdxx using marquis mecke and mandelin and a lack of reaction for folins indicates mdea

So after some reading I loaded two caps. 200 and a 100 boost. ... kinda irresponsible but I was in need of a change and some how justified a hedonistic trip was what’s i needed. Besides I was home so I figured I could get a bit mongy and no one would care lol

After about 30/45 mins I ate the boost.

It was similar to mdma but lighter with less side effect. Which is kinda vague I know so ... by lighter I mean less stimulating and not quite as euphoric tho it was a nice experience. I spent most of it just rolling around ecstatically on the couch, listening to music lol ... Less nystagmus and clenching too. But smoking weed helped to kick it up a bit

I found it shorter in duration and less anorexic, in fact I was eating a decent meal by about 5hrs, after said weed ... mind I hadnt eaten all day and had the munchies lol

On its own it’s ok. But I enjoy using it as a redose after M or to bump up a dose of M in combo as it seems to produce less side effects for me and leaves me feeling better the next day(s)

I'm gonna tag this and such because there is't much on MDE, but man it would be pretty fucking sweet if you could supply any other information at all. This is awfully sparse.

MDE is the same as MDEA, right?
Aight. Theres no small and handy, but uhh hopefully, in somewhat not too distant future, I'll be able to give some real TRs

Mde and Mdea are also known by codename Eve they are one and the same identity
Is MDE/MDEA responsible for people who think that MDMA/MDA or ecstasy pills are laced with heroin or a downer? I never fucked with any MDxx drugs, meth, or research chems as they are not my thing.
Mde and Mdea are the same thing while as Mdma and Mda are two different things ya?

All I got was it's a good time but you're gonna fall flat on your face in terms of duration and for me that means compulsion to redose can you combine with MDMA or nvm that's overkill it has a place and time where a full length roll isn't sought for?

Correct. MDMA is methylenedioxy-methamphetamine (MD-MA), and MDA is methylenedioxy-amphetamine (MD-A), two different drugs, while MDE is just a shortened abbreviation for MDEA (both refer to methylenedioxy-ethylamphetamine).

-GC
is MDEA a side product of the the middle reaction? Here is a new Pub from ACS for a look at a cGMP compliant way of producing MDMA, im assuming the reaction using methyl amine in the middle of the multi route synthesis picture is what your referring to? Where would the protonated oxygen come from though as the reaction I am assuming takes place in a non-aquease solvent...? Am I wrong here?