View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

MDA and Lamictal

Factualist

Bluelighter
IMO this belongs on this board but sorry if it doesn't. Feel free to move it. A few years ago I was a COMPLETE wreckhead with md and ended up fucking myself up pretty bad in the head because of it. One of the many consequences is triggering bipolar (I already had MDD, which was a huge motivation for the md abuse in the first place), for which I take Lamictal 250mg and Wellbutrin XR 300mg now and have been for quite a few months. I've been for the most part clean and sober the past year and a half or so, and now I'm in a much better place, and I'm starting to get back into drugs again and responsible use is going really well, so I'm going to go out on a limb and very cautiously try to reintroduce my second favorite drug into my life. I know this is potentially playing Russian roulette with my diagnosis, but it's currently completely in remision, and I don't intend to go down the path I was on previously.

Want to try something a bit different though. So I ended up picking up some MDA. In all the rolls I did, I never (that I know of lol) tried Sally, and I'm keen to do so now.

However, I'm wondering if the Lamictal could affect the trip, as in diminish it/kill it completely. AFAIK it doesn't really have an effect on the other drugs I've tried again, but I honestly don't know how this shit actually works to stabilize my mood. The Wellbutrin I'm not as concerned about, because I've been on it a long time at this point and I'm tolerating it very well and I intend to do a pretty low dose of MDA. I get the potential seizure risk, but hey, Lamictals a pretty powerful anticonvulsant.

Want to reiterate I'm looking more for advice than dissuasion here. I want to be as safe as possible, but I'm also 100% feeling this:

ebefdcb0a573d74573fe4f9706ac6890.jpg

Here's a thread from this forum from many years ago, where many people report fairly positive results:

The reports seem centered around MDMA, but I'm not sure you would expect different results from MDA.