Recruiting McGill University Online Survey - Have you had an impactful insight (regardless of its impact on mental health) after taking a psychedelic?

ThomasP

Greenlighter
Have you had an impactful insight (regardless of its impact on mental health) after taking a psychedelic?

Survey link: https://surveys.mcgill.ca/ls3/756172?lang=en

We are researchers in transcultural psychiatry at McGill University wishing to understand better how insights are generated under the influence of psychedelics and how such insights are integrated into the lives of the people concerned. We broadly define insight as a mental event by which one acquires a new understanding of themselves or of the world, regardless of whether this new perspective positively or negatively affects mental health. If you ever had an impactful insight (regardless of whether the insight is/has positively or negatively affected you) after taking a psychedelic, we would greatly appreciate if you could take approximatively 45 min - 1h of your time to answer our anonymous online questionnaire.

The questionnaire involves asking about some of your personal traits, the psychedelic experience from which you had your single most impactful insight, and the integration of that insight. People who have had such an insight a long time ago are also encouraged to participate. Your participation is entirely anonymous.

You are welcome to respond to the study questionnaire if you fulfill all of the following criteria:

1. You are at least 18 years old;
2. You can read and write English fluently;
3. You have had an impactful insight after taking a psychedelic in the recent or distant past;
4. You have not submitted a fully answered version of this questionnaire yet.

Recruitment is estimated to be active until July 2024.

This research study is conducted by researchers of the Division of Social and Transcultural Psychiatry of McGill University and has received ethical approval by the McGill University Institutional Review Board (REB Protocol ID: 23-11-016).

Researchers in charge:
Thomas Prud’homme (conducting this research as part of an independent research project for course COGS401), undergraduate Cognitive Science Honours at McGill University, [email protected].
Ian Gold (supervisor), Canada Research Chair in Philosophy & Psychiatry at McGill University, [email protected].

For questions:
If any question related to consent, design, or to technical difficulties arise during the completion of the questionnaire, you can email Thomas Prud’homme at [email protected].

Thank you for your interest and do not hesitate to reach out!

That's very nice to hear. Thanks so much for helping out!
Any time. It was a truly special time in my life that helped me immensely in growing into the person I am today.
That and I very much believe in the power of psychedelics (and MDMA!) to facilitate good.