• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Maybe too much Xanax...?

Maxa2K

Greenlighter
Hey guys, so yesterday a friend of mine purchased a total of 15 pills (I believe they were either 1-2 mg per, the usual amount in one pill), for the three of us. We parted ways, and a friend of mine and I went back to his house. There, I promptly took one Xan, hung out, then took another. Then I had a beer (just one) and two bowls along with a cig. Great night to say the least, besides trudging through a foot of snow (New Englanders know what I'm talking about). So the day after, feeling groggy, and slowed down. The usual for me after a night like that. However, something feels off. More out of it then usual, slowed down, slurr my words a bit, and the thoughts that go through my head are straight up DUMB (some are almost funny even). My question is, will this subside soon? It's an extremely uncomfortable feeling. To describe it, it's like my body wants to be anxious but it can't because of the Xanax afterglow. Thanks all for reading .

Oh I also forgot to mention, I generally take Xanax In half bars, so it might have something to do with that. In addition, I have Depersonalization and Derealization at the moment. The Xanax helps keep me calm, but now that I've learned my lesson, only in halves. Will I feel this "off"' for a long time? I've l armed to live with th DP/DR, but this is just too much.

Last edited:
I take between 5-10 daily you'll be fine but I do have a high tolerance, it will take a day or 2 and you will be back to normal I guarantee mate, stay safe pal

Thanks man I appreciate it. One more thing, there's a strong possibility that I'll get prescribed an anti-anxiety medication within the near future. Now like I said, 2.5 bars is the most I've taken, I generally take .5. Will this impaxt my tolerance if I get prescribed to an anti anxiety med such as Zoloft or Prozac?