• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

maybe, kind of, probably a bad trip on mdma?

bokkbo

Greenlighter
Hello, a few weeks ago I took a pill containing 150-200 mg of mdma and had a bad time at one point of my roll, which lasted for a somewhat small period of time (my ET 30mins), hopefully someone could understand and explain what happened to me. In detail...
I was getting ready for a techno party at a club near by where I live, I took the pill around 10pm in a bar waiting for a friend, I was drinking some kind of fizzy water. It kicked in pretty quick after ~45mins, we hung out at the bar some more then went on our way to the club(at this point i already had gigantic pupils and felt chills), which was in walking distance ~15-25mins. Now here comes the bad part of my roll. We were walking pretty fast, and at around 1/3 distance to the club i suddenly felt this heat go to my head and i felt as i could hear better and i was more responsive to the cars passing by and everything around me, I felt my head go kind of numb and i thought i was going to pass out, my friend felt me and he said i was ridiculously hot(probably not the smartest thing to say to someone who thinks they're going to pass out) I also felt my heart racing really fast I have never felt my heart beat that fast,I also felt like i was going to throw up luckily there were some benches near by and we sat for ~10mins in those 10 minutes i tried to keep my mind of any bad thoughts which was kind of hard because I thought i was going to die, I was also shivering and my face and my head felt numb when i touched them(my hands were cold and my face and head hot?). Later on he also said that i was talking nonsense(probably because I was trying not to think about anything bad happening) and looked kind of confused and scared. After those ~10mins we got up and slowly walked to the club I was kind of limping and felt as if i was drunk. When we got to the club ~11+pm and got in everything was fine and I had mildly rolled for a couple more hours I have also done a few lines of speed over the course of the night. I felt really tired and exhausted 2 days after. I read some stuff about serotonin syndrome but it takes a lot more mdma for that to happen. Can someone tell me some possible explanations why I felt shitty at that one point in my roll? Will this happen again if i do mdma? I'm (I'm 5'10'' 62 kg male) if it helps.

It would be possible to have a "bad trip" on pure MDMA as well as laced MDMA as rare as that may be. My friend even had a "bad trip" from non-laced weed believe it or not. He smoked a couple of bowls and then started hearing these demented voices in his head for a couple of hours straight. I smoked the same weed, but I don't think it was laced because the weed was fine. I didn't freak out or hear any deranged voices, so it must have been a "bad trip" as opposed to laced stuff. So, yeah it's possible to have a "bad trip" on MDMA, but usually it doesn't cause a bad psychological reaction. However, there are many dangers to using MDMA, but a "bad trip" is not generally one of them. MDMA can cause physical health problems.

Yes they were yellow mario bullets(known dutch press) tested 150-200mg mdma.

It would be possible to have a "bad trip" on pure MDMA as well as laced MDMA as rare as that may be. My friend even had a "bad trip" from non-laced weed believe it or not. He smoked a couple of bowls and then started hearing these demented voices in his head for a couple of hours straight. I smoked the same weed, but I don't think it was laced because the weed was fine. I didn't freak out or hear any deranged voices, so it must have been a "bad trip" as opposed to laced stuff. So, yeah it's possible to have a "bad trip" on MDMA, but usually it doesn't cause a bad psychological reaction. However, there are many dangers to using MDMA, but a "bad trip" is not generally one of them. MDMA can cause physical health problems.
I passed out on weed once and I ussualy get bad anxiety when I smoke,but this is the first time i felt like this on MDMA. Can you speculate what caused it if it wasnt something else other than mdma? Thanks for the answer.

too much mdma can make you feel ill. you overheated from walking. simple

Sounds like some typical comeup anxiety in a poor setting. You really don't want the MDMA to be kicking while you're walking in a cold, dark environment such as a road. It's pretty common to have a dodgy 10-15 mins while the MDMA is kicking in, but a comfortable setting can really stop it from being an issue. It's not necessarily a bad trip or you would have been experiencing shitty feelings all night. The fact that it was just when the pill kicked in, in a poor setting, really does suggest that you experienced your first bad come-up.

Assuming your tolerance to MDxx is low i'd say you just had an intense come up. I suggest you take a lower dose next time and maybe have a little booster set aside in case you're not rolling as hard as you want.

I remember one time when I dropped 150mg of some very potent MDMA at a rave. Never again :p