• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids maybe facing the inevitable

smackydowners

Bluelighter
i have been struggling with the abstinence route lately. i was smoking abound a g of brown for a few years and quit cold turkey amd have been clean for 5 mmonths.

however, i have recently been playing around with codeine (500-600mg), dhc (~400mg) and methadone (~60-70mg) fairly infrequently as well as benzos and can see where this is going.

my question is: are there many addicts that have stated on low dose bupe maintenence (~2mg) with weekly carry outs who have skpiied their subs and had a nice smoke as a once/twice MAX treat?

i'm just really scared where this recent dabbling is leading and can see it leading diwn the slippery slope of heroin addiction.

my thought is that the subbies could kill the cravings/block the smack, yet still allow the occasional indulgence.

amy exp./success with this?

It's really hard to be on regular suboxone and be able to have the occasionally buzz. The blocking effect is just to high, especially if you want to keep the cravings away, in my experience you really need to maintain on 2-4mg/day and over time that will build quite a bit in your system. In my experience, being on even 2mg daily - and I have a fast metabolism - I'd need to wait a good 48 hours or so to really feel a shot and even then, I'd just get a bit of a rush shooting then not much else beyond that. You really have to skip your dose for a few days and actually start getting propper dope-sick before you can really enjoy a buzz. The problem then is, you end up in a situation where you get booted off your suboxone. Depending how many take-aways doses you have I guess; it's much harder to stay on the program if you skip pharmacy-doses.

Well you are trapped in the I wan to quit but still occasionally zone. I'm sorry to break it to you but you are living in an unrealistic dream(some call it denial). Once you are a pickle you are one forever and can never go back to being a cucumber. There is no partial cucumber or partial pickle
, either you are or you aren't. Are my drunk metaphors making sense?

Well you are trapped in the I wan to quit but still occasionally zone. I'm sorry to break it to you but you are living in an unrealistic dream(some call it denial). Once you are a pickle you are one forever and can never go back to being a cucumber. There is no partial cucumber or partial pickle
, either you are or you aren't. Are my drunk metaphors making sense?

QFTT

Honestly, in my experiences (years and years and years), total abstinence is the only way in which I can live a "normal", sustainable life. If I am on suboxone, I chip and cheat. If I am off of everything, and use even once, I'm eventually off to the races in a matter of time- sometimes days, sometimes months. You gotta get as much distance between you and the memory of the high as you can. Keeping it fresh in your head is reckless and will lead to bad places. I'd stay away from the suboxone and just keep on chuggin along totally abstinent.

It sounds like you aren't totally ready to quit yet though. Nothing wrong with that; so maybe the suboxone route would be your best bet.