L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

May I date my cousin's ex-"booty call"?

adder

Bluelighter
My cousin used to kind of date the girl from the title. "Kind of" as she told him they could have a loose relationship which basically means having sex and no further obligations. I was in England for like 3 weeks but it didn't work out for me and I came back. Earlier I finally convinced my cousin to leave the country and he arrived like 2 weeks after me, found a well-paid job, and stayed. He says he doesn't think about coming back any time soon. This pretty much leaves me with no way out of the misery I'm currently in.

As much as I know my cousin, I know he's sick and tired of meaningless relationships and wants something serious to settle. I'm fed up with all the relationships that turned out bad or very bad for me. I don't really hope for better any more, at least not now or in the near future. I've just ended a relationship with my ex-girlfriend myself. She said we know too much about each other and that's why there are problems all the time. I didn't want to press her, she's been through a lot in her life too, so let her go her way if that's what she thinks she wants and is better for her.

Generally I'm open to loose relationships because going through the pain after ending a serious relationship have become unbearable for me, there's been too much of this. So I eventually became as much insensitive and able to have one night stands with no pain as sensitive and love-seeking I used to be. I'm a kind of a person who doesn't function well being alone. I need a lot of mental and physical closeness, so it somehow does it for me when I can hug, kiss, cuddle, have sex etc. with a girl even if I know it won't last and/or isn't serious (like for lifetime).

I've always had problems finding male friends, I always found common language with girls, only with girls I could talk seriously about life and my problems and have fun a few minutes later. So when you link it with my immense need for intimacy, you can easily imagine how often my friendships either abruptly ended or transformed into weird relationships.

I know this girl is completely not serious and is not seeking a relationship, but I also know I can easily make her my girl for hugging, kissing... being close, simply put. I just don't know whether my cousin wouldn't freak out finding out about it. On one hand he shouldn't care at all as I heard from him about like 3 his true loves and she's not one of them, on the other hand he might consider such a move kind of betrayal. I can imagine him saying "you preferred to f*** with that whore who sleeps around with everyone, you betrayed me, you're not my friend". But why would she be bound to him in some weird way for life and inaccessible for me? He asked me many times to talk to her and other girls, because he at some point realized girls are very open with me unlike with him and his mates. Maybe she would even straighten out with me. Not mentioning we're about the same age (she's 1 year younger) and my cousin is a few years older than me.

Do you consider this some kind of betrayal? I wouldn't hide it and would tell my cousin right away, I'm not a kind of person who does things behind somebody's back.

Why don't you ask him first how he would feel about, if you and this girl went on a date or whatever?

I've never understood this kind of thing. If she's not with him now, why shouldn't you be able to date her? If he gets mad, that's his problem.

Yeah, I'd say just ask him. Although really, it should be fine. It was a short term, casual thing. I do think you need to think about your friend's feelings if it was a long term, serious relationship, but still.... just talk to him.