View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Health Masking ketamine IV solution taste

supsupsup

Greenlighter
Is there a good way to mask the taste when taking it orally? Rectal is not an option

Is there a good way to mask the taste when taking it orally? Rectal is not an option
Why is rectal not an option? That, and Im are probably the best ways to take it.

MYbe you could dry it and snort it?

Eating an iv ready solution sounds like a massive waste to me

Last edited:
Some people use various fruit extracts and artificial sugars such as erythritol.
Ketamine has very poor oral and rectal absorption. Unless you want to IV it, up the nose is the way to go here.

Some people use various fruit extracts and artificial sugars such as erythritol.
Ketamine has very poor oral and rectal absorption. Unless you want to IV it, up the nose is the way to go here.
I don’t think it has a lowrectal bioavailability, I plug 25 mg at a time, and it gets me high, I did about 40 one time, and I started having hallucinations.

Plus rectal lasts longer than nasal ketamine

I don’t think it has a lowrectal bioavailability, I plug 25 mg at a time, and it gets me high, I did about 40 one time, and I started having hallucinations.

Plus rectal lasts longer than nasal ketamine
Given how you can't feel your nose for hours after snorting ketamine, would you not loose feeling in your lower intestine and sphincter, potentially leading to embarrassing accidents?

Given how you can't feel your nose for hours after snorting ketamine, would you not loose feeling in your lower intestine and sphincter, potentially leading to embarrassing accidents?
Lol, I haven’t yet.

I’m plugging a pretty diluted alcohol solution though, your snorting pure powder probably right?

It’s usually around 5-10 mg/ml

Ketamine has very poor oral and rectal absorption
Disagree with the rectal bioavailability thing. I feel like that is a huge and pervasive myth on drug websites.

It feels similarly potent to the nasal route, though a direct comparison is kind of hard to make, because it hits a bit quicker and tails off a bit quicker. I wouldn't say it is twice as strong but it's certainly not weaker.

I certainly almost only use the nasal route when in a public setting where it would be tedious or frowned upon to administer ketamine up the arse. Otherwise i just make a 20 mg/ml solution from however much i plan on using in a session and then go through that at a leisurely pace.

Disagree with the rectal bioavailability thing. I feel like that is a huge and pervasive myth on drug websites.

It feels similarly potent to the nasal route, though a direct comparison is kind of hard to make, because it hits a bit quicker and tails off a bit quicker. I wouldn't say it is twice as strong but it's certainly not weaker.

I certainly almost only use the nasal route when in a public setting where it would be tedious or frowned upon to administer ketamine up the arse. Otherwise i just make a 20 mg/ml solution from however much i plan on using in a session and then go through that at a leisurely pace.
Fair enough, I've never boofed anything but for Ketamine I've always gone off Erowid's data. Do most people you've spoken with on the matter get the same potency that you do from rectal administration of Ketamine, or do you just find yourself to be particularly sensitive to it?

Fair enough, I've never boofed anything but for Ketamine I've always gone off Erowid's data. Do most people you've spoken with on the matter get the same potency that you do from rectal administration of Ketamine, or do you just find yourself to be particularly sensitive to it?
I do

The 4 people i know who use it the same way get similar effects to me.

Not the biggest sample size but also not nothing.