View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Marquis test on unknown blotter.

CactiCoolant

Greenlighter
So, I received some glitter as of today. And I am not totally sure if it is the NBOH I purchased or the fluff I purchased. I went ahead and tested with a Marquis reagent, and it gave me this reaction. This is the correct reaction to nboh correct? Or is this just the ink bleeding into the solution? https://postimg.org/image/r0ufe86hj/

If you first extract the drug from the blotter using some alcohol (a clear liquor like vodka should work if not the freebase), without adding reagent you should be able to see if ink bled out... so that would be an easy way to exclude such a possibility.

I don't think LSD normally reacts with Marquis, but other than that this is very inconclusive and you'd at least need to specify which NBOH! But unfortunately it would probably be pointless since we don't really allow ID threads on the forum... I personally think that differences among NBOMe compounds, and also differences between NBOMe and corresponding NBOH compounds are confusing.
It's no good to assume that all NBOH's show the same Marquis reaction or that the reaction of a NBOH compound is the same as its corresponding NBOMe.

I've seen one NBOH (25C-NBOH) mentioned as coming up pinkish, but also seen a picture that just looked yellow to me.