• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

Marquis Mystery Theater in San Francisco

KaiDog

Greenlighter
So I have come across a very strange result and am not sure how to interpret it. I have also sent off a sample for testing, but knowing what's going on sooner rather than later may help this resolve into a happier situation.

I have some white powder that is is purported to be MDxx. It is a fine white powder with chunky crystals. It smells like rubber. I have some familiarity with this substance in this form, and this does not seem like what I've come across in the past.

I only have Marquis Reagent, and though it's a new bottle, it's dark brown. I tested some sugar and aspirin and got the expected results, but it took a long time. I used this same kit to test some powder from the same source, but not same batch, and got the expected reaction, though again it seemed kind of weak.

The first odd thing is that the reagant "rolls off" the powder. By this I mean that when I put a drop on the powder, the drop rolls off to the side and is not absorbed. I've never seen this before. I have to mix the two together with a knife tip.

The reaction is slow, and it takes more powder than expected. There is a faint trace of black at the beginning, but it never "takes off." After about a minute I have something that looks kinda like it should, but is definitely more brownish than expected, and never takes on the deep blackish purple I have come to expect. Even stranger, I wind up with "chunks" in the final mixture, which are like hard, undissolved crystals. If I use a large amount, as in the attached photo, I wind up with something that looks like a sugar reaction. There are tinges of red/orange around the crystals, and the reagant farthest away from the reaction looks has almost an olive color. There is a lot more red tone in the picture than was on the actual plate, and in the very center "bump" you can see the black.
fwhron.jpg
[/IMG]

I suspect that what I have is MDxx cut with something, maybe even sugar. If I can figure out that i have MDxx that's cut, that's okay, as long as the something is benign. I am more concerned that this may be straight bunk, or something malevolent, being passed off on me. I've never seen a DXM reaction, for example, so I don't have any negative tests to compare with. I received an okay sample from the same source three days previously, so I am hoping I am not the patsy in a bait-and-switch.

I sent some of this powder to ecstasydata.org and will post the test results here, but if anybody can help out while I'm waiting, it would definitely help alleviate some of my anxiety (and maybe provide me with some info to help rectify the situation with the source).

Obviously don't take it until you get the results from Ecstasy Data, but that sure doesn't look like pure MDMA to me.

Maybe a research chemical like 6-APB, but really I have no clue and would recommend to stay away from it.

And the answer is - Melatonin! Complete and utter bunk. If any of y'all ever meet a guy named Dtrix, punch him in the face for me.

i have seen 6-apb come up on mandelin and marquis as very closelooking to mDXX is in color of mixture agreed on waiting until you get reports back 6-apb blows at 150mg you think your ass is dead