• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

marquis black but not purple

GumbyClaymation

Bluelighter
Howdy. This is my first time using Marquis. I'm testing some powder, not a pill it it matters. When I put the drop on, it bubbled quickly and turned dark black. I didn't see any purple. To try to see the color better, I put a good amount of water on it (maybe 2 ml). It then appeared to be brown, rather than purple. Is this an unusual result?

It was very dark black when undiluted and reacted quickly, so it doesn't seem to be dxm,which seemed to be the only brown item on the card. Also, the reagent is new and I tested some 2cb and methamphetamine and got the anticipated results. I think that's enough to rule out the reagent being bad.

The individual I purchase from has good feedback, but I'm apprehensive about the brown. Can anybody with experience comment?

Thanks!

I think you're fine, the best MD I've had has had the same reaction, bubbled up and turned black INSTANTLY - no purple. I'm unsure about the brown colour when diluted though but I've never tried that myself. Pics of said reaction would be very helpful.

In my own experience DXM tests up a very dirty grey/blackish mixture that you can definitely tell apart from MD, it's nowhere close - it just comes up very nasty.

I think you're fine, the best MD I've had has had the same reaction, bubbled up and turned black INSTANTLY - no purple. I'm unsure about the brown colour when diluted though but I've never tried that myself. Pics of said reaction would be very helpful.

In my own experience DXM tests up a very dirty grey/blackish mixture that you can definitely tell apart from MD, it's nowhere close - it just comes up very nasty.

Thanks. I took some pics with the intention of posting them, but then it asks for a url. I don't know where to upload them. I know they're not that incriminating, but still don't want to have them attached to me.

Anyone else have an idea on the brown when mixed with water? The reason that I did it is because I thought it looked brown on the very very edge of the drop while reacting.

^ There is no problem posting pics on imgur, it's a free image hosting site and it's not like the Government will track you down for a few pills 8)

The reaction sounds just about right, with MDMA there isn't much purple... MDA and MDE there is a lot more. However the brown sounds a bit weird... MDxx and meth reactions will be black with a hint of brown around the edges. If it does have meth the reaction should flash orange before going dark though as the meth reacts after than the MDMA.

Otherwise the brown could just be oxidation, and there isn't anything to worry about.. I don't THINK there is any meth, but take it slow just to be safe.

Try and get a pic up though my man, I'm just guessing out of my ass without one.

I think what you have is just MD**, that brown colour is just the black being diluted in water - there's nothing to suggest anything else IMO. Enjoy!