• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Mariska info needed

losthippy

Bluelighter
Made a rookie mistake in Amsterdam and bought some feminized Mariska seeds from a Smartshop on recommendation from the vendor. Couldn't get the Maui Wowie I was after for an outdoors grow and Mariska was what he suggested. I was a bit bent at the time and can't remember the blurb from the catalogue nor much of the rap the guy gave me about Mariska, other than she would not disappoint. I've searched high and low for info on the web and can't find any cultural descriptors anywhere. Every other strain on the planet yeah, but Mariska specifically, no. As it's getting closer to go time in the Southern hemisphere I'd appreciate some general feedback from anyone whose grown this strain outdoors. Mods, please move or delete this post if its not ok here. Otherwise, reply or pm me if you can help out. Cheers.

What a fuckwit I am! My soul surviving feminized seedling (of 3 purchased) is a Sensiseeds MICHKA strain, not Mariska as stated above. Just call it an old-timer's moment Anyhow, one failed to pop, 2 did and one simply wilted. Sown on a good moon indoors in the last week in a Southern Aussie July (winter). Currently, survivor is booming outdoors as spring sets in with 6x well-formed axial leaf-sets, all fat trifoliate alligator tails. At nearly 8 inches tall its nearly time to bend her over and shackle her to a sheet of weldmesh in the frame-of-green style. She's said to grow very tall with minimal side growth otherwise, lending herself to this method, With 7months of Aussie sun and light ahead I'm anticipating a decent yield judging by the length of the axial growth available to be tied over. Does anyone have a fresh comment about this strain (not copied and pasted from a vendor description?) I get the sense its a special strain and will likely strike some cuttings to grow on with, but would like to hear from other growers about Michka's potential as a stand-alone variety. Honest opinions welcomed. Cheers

Made a rookie mistake in Amsterdam and bought some feminized Mariska seeds from a Smartshop on recommendation from the vendor. Couldn't get the Maui Wowie I was after for an outdoors grow and Mariska was what he suggested. I was a bit bent at the time and can't remember the blurb from the catalogue nor much of the rap the guy gave me about Mariska, other than she would not disappoint. I've searched high and low for info on the web and can't find any cultural descriptors anywhere. Every other strain on the planet yeah, but Mariska specifically, no. As it's getting closer to go time in the Southern hemisphere I'd appreciate some general feedback from anyone whose grown this strain outdoors. Mods, please move or delete this post if its not ok here. Otherwise, reply or pm me if you can help out. Cheers.

Hey man, I'd never heard of this strain either. From what Google's shown me, though, I don't think Mariska is a strain. I think it might be a local term for weed from certain up-and-coming coffeeshops owned by a woman who goes by "Mariska" (I can't find her last name, but I haven't looked very hard.)

From what I can gather, the woman and her products are well-respected among Dutch connoisseurs.

[EDIT: Lol! just realized the OP was posted over a year ago. Woops.]