• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Marijuana provides psychological relief to those faced with social exclusion

I also work retail and I sometimes smoke before/during work. Used to do it a lot more, but no complaints/ill effects. Not reccomending it tho, do so at your own risk! :)

i used to do sales and yeah smoked cannabis constantly, didn't make it very fun but it got me through. I can't stand interacting with the public while high now (not on cannabis anyway). It worked for a while though.

capitalism creates social alienation.

How many pet strippers do you have?

Usually 2 or 3. The are an unreliable species and the relationships are short term in nature.

They can get weed cheaper than I can and that's a handy thing to have.

I fall into that demographic. My job doesn't require the keen social-game-playing ability which is the ante in business and law offices. But I do fix people for a living after all, and I'd say I'm interacting with people 80-90% of the time I'm at work. I have never once shown up for work having toked that day, and never would. There is a heavy stigma on recreational drug use in the healthcare industry, including tobacco and alcohol in more than occasional small amounts. No one I know through work has any idea of my past or present drug use, and I intend to keep it that way. I've never even hinted at it obliquely, and have even feigned ignorance when the subject has come up. Even if this were not the case though, I don't think the effects of marijuana would do any good for my job performance, or make my job any more enjoyable.

I light up a one-hitter as soon as I get off work, though, as long as I'll be sleeping before I need to go in again. :)

I am the same way. I would detest being high while interacting with people at work - I teach at university, and neither my teaching nor interacting with other profs. or staff would benefit from me being high, though there is a large chance that it would suffer.
After school, I often enjoy lighting up (or, at least, I used to, when I lived in a country with less draconian drug laws).

^i got one of my religion profs to trip on 5-meo-mipt with me and my GF lol I like how open most university professors are when it comes to social issues and drugs. Also smoked cannabis with him a bunch of times. Glad to hear there are others out there as well.

i had a few profs who were also constantly stoned during their lectures, i thought they were still great teachers.

^ Some could probably handle it, but I definitely couldn't!
Not for intellectual reasons - I would probably lecture very passionately - but for social ones.
I hate when I am stoned and have to hide it from those I am talking with.
Pretending to be sober while high is a huge bummer for me.

Not for intellectual reasons - I would probably lecture very passionately - but for social ones.

I concur. When I am high, I like to be with people who can talk with "filters off" and aren't offended when I do.

Don't like to work high. There is a reason my frinds and I sometimes refer to it as "getting stupid".

yeah that does suck but when i was a big stoner i didn't care, my eyes would be so red and you could smell it off me as i'd smoke just before going to class. One time, a student was like, what is that smell? and i got paranoid and felt weird lol but other than that i brazenly used cannabis and didn't really have issues talking to non-stoned people. I was taking philosophy and arts courses though; i've never gone to one of my engineering classes while high (well not on cannabis, amps work though), it just isn't conducive to the kinds of things i have to remember. And once i hit industry i certainly won't be stoned when i am working with extremely important electronics (like radar systems or medical equipment) or calculations that could get me fired if i fuck up.

I think an interesting demographic for this sort of thing would be people that I would consider to have hypersocial service jobs, retail, food service, callcenters, etc, jobs where people have interactions with dozens, to hundreds of people per day. And they relax after work with pot.

I work at a hospital as a Healthcare Assistant so I spend pretty much all my time at work interacting with patients. I'll get to know them more throughout the day and usually we'll become more friendly, unless of course they're unresponsive, have far along dementia etc. but when I get home I do still enjoy getting high and it does help with the whole loneliness thing.

Thing is I have a fair amount of friends but still feel lonely and out of place a lot of the time. But fuck it that's why I'm going travelling