• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Marijuana not only makes me happier, but it makes me smarter.

dillpickel

Greenlighter
I've loved and hated weed. Don't get me wrong, it can be abused and can negatively affect a person's life. However, I believe that if managed properly, it can actually be used to an extremely large benefit.

I've smoked weed for about a year now, on and off. I recently started one of the longest breaks I've had since a year ago (about a month). During my break, I was feeling pretty depressed and started using lots of kratom and alcohol (each every other day). I've now realized that this occurred due to my lack of spirituality. I now realized that the weed had always provided me with a sense of positive belief in the world and society (what I call good spirituality). I started to view everything in an increasingly negative way and lost my sense of love for myself. This is hard to explain. I felt more confident, but also had far less meaning set to my life. I lived in the moment a lot more and didn't really think of a deeper purpose to life.

Today I took a bit of an edible and immediately my entire outlook on my life and reality as a whole changed. At first I just relaxed and suddenly become a genius at chess. Then I began to gain more motivation on life as a whole. All my previously fleeting goals and ideals began to come back to me. I became more positive, and my goals all seemed to become closer and far more reachable than they were before. Lastly, I became far more interested in studying or playing chess/league of legends. I began to think more deeply and critically about more things with ease.

This rapid and radical change shows how there could very possibly be a benefit to moderate marijuana use. What do y'all think?

Now I've tried living a THC-free life to no avail. So now I'm not only discovering the benefits of marijuana use, but also wondering whether I can be happy without it :D

Do you guys think that perhaps the weed is just my required spirituality and that if I begin meditation I would be able to live without it?

What do y'all think.

That's awesome you it helps you in that way.

For me cannabis doesn't help as far as studying/reading and retaining the information. It helps with creative thinking though. Like thinking outside of the box to problem solve.

I agree with a lot of what you said. My only difference in opinion is I don't believe a 'negative' spirituality exists only a lack of one. Take the laws of thermodynamics for example. There is no such thing as 'cold' only an absence of heat. Spirituality (to me at least) is a realization that there really is no 'hate' but an absence of love. Pot is really neither good nor bad, it's a tool. It may not inspire progress in life but may prevent regression. Fire can burn your house down but can also keep you warm in the wilderness. There is a time and place to get high but there are also times and places a clear head is important. Pot is some pretty fantastic medicine, but it's not an end all cure-all for all of life's various ills and woes.