Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Marijuana grow-op found in special care home for seniors

my3rdeye

Bluelighter
Marijuana grow-op found in special care home for seniors
RCMP alerted after firefighters responded to a fire in the building

CBC News Posted: Nov 15, 2013 1:17 PM AT| Last Updated: Nov 15, 2013 2:18 PM AT

Police in central New Brunswick are investigating a marijuana grow operation discovered at a special care home for seniors by emergency crews responding to a fire.

Firefighters, who were called to the Forever Young facility on Shore Road in Clarks Corner at about 11 a.m. local time Thursday, noticed what appeared to be a grow-op in the basement and alerted police.

RCMP obtained a search warrant and seized 550 plants — enough to produce up to 275,000 joints, growing equipment and a large quantity of marijuana, Cpl. Brian Villers said in a release.

Investigators believe the fire is related to the grow-op, said Villers.

All residents of the home got out safely, he said.

Forever Young Special Care Home has six beds and provides Level 1 and Level 2 care, according to the New Brunswick Special Care Home Association Inc. website.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-b...nd-in-special-care-home-for-seniors-1.2428045

What's funny is that a home for seniors is called "Forever Young." Well it is all fucked up, but what I mentioned as well.

Are you forever young because you are in such late stages of dementia you're like a child at this place?

Imagine being sickly and being able to walk through that garden. It would have been so uplifting.

As for the rest... impossible to believe. Of course investigators will blame everything on the grow op, whether or not it's true.

I hadn't realized Canadians used "joints" as a form of measurement for mass. How many joints can one make with 100 tomato plants?

I wonder if this was an underground Compassionate Care home, where six seniors with severe chronic pain grew everything they needed and didn't distribute, safe in the knowledge that if they kept their dirty laundry inside, they'd be left unharrassed. If it was, and the major news media have conveniently left that fact out, then shame on them.

Dope!!!

To bad it burnt down and got busted.

Interesting point mdao ^

Everybody should be allowed to do this be it poppies or marijuana mushrooms.