• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Marijuana/Depersonalization.

cosmic_debris

Greenlighter
Hello every one. I'm new to this thread. You can feel free to call me Cosmic. :) Anyways, I'm quite new to smoking. Well, not new to smoking. I've been around weed for about 2 years and have quite a lot of knowledge on it. Around two years ago I developed depersonalization. I'm guessing most of you know what this is? Now, ever since then I have smoked weed on and off. I've had a few bad experiences with it and less great experiences. Only recently am I finding it's easier for me to smoke cannabis. I have practically abolished much of my anxiety and although my depersonalization still lingers, it in no way impedes on my daily life. It's quite in the back ground. However, I'm worried that it is effecting my highs since many people say that don't feel this way when they get high. I'm typing this up hoping you all can give me feedback on whether or not it's normal for me to feel this way (next paragraph) when I'm high and whether or not I should continue smoking.

Basically, when I get high, I feel as though I'm projected out of my body. As if I'm behind myself. Very dreamy and some times I have a lot of body numbness. This scares me because I feel as though it's because of my depersonalization and not solely because of marijuana. Is it normal to feel "dreamy" "out of your body" "Projected outwards" when you're high or should I be worried. I also have not smoked very regularly so one or two hits get's me quite lifted, unlike most of my friends who take a whole bowl to do so. But yes, should I stop smoking or is feeling this way normal when high?
Thank you. Peace.

Welcome to bluelight :)

So you developed the DP when you started smoking? I used to get DP/DR whenever I smoked weed around the time that my MDMA abuse started catching upto me... otherwise I can smoke weed all day everyday and be fine. I do however myself experience to a point derealisation albeit sometimes a bit more if I am a bit frazzled from smoking since waking up to right through at night, however I am immune to it and accept that yeah this is reality as we know it and that's it, why freak the fuck out? And I am fine.

I guess you could say weed just doesn't agree with you? Cannabis isn't for everyone, some people love it, some hate it, some people it causes them anxiety/paranoia and on the other hand some people it is anxiolytic for them and relaxes them. Cannabis does numb you as it is an annalgesic and will put your in a dreamy like state, but you sound like your get dissociation with it. I don't know if I would call it normal as for me personally, cannabis relaxes me and puts me a in a nice mellow haze, allows me to have an enhanced music perception and just chill. I never get dissociated.

It could also be that you are smoking far too much too often... Try smoking tiny bits until you have achieved a nice subtle high, people make the mistake all too often of thinking more will always be better when it is not the case.

Well it's not the marijuana itself, its the fact that Im dissociating and I don't know if it's normal, since it happens nearly every time. Only once has it not happened. My friend had hit her bong and I got baked off of second-hand smoke. Everything felt great. I got a bit of after effects though. Every still felt dreamy for a few hours even when I wasn't high but every thing was alright after that. I really think marijuana has a lot of benefits and I really do think I can enjoy it. But I don't know how to go about doing so if dissociation is NOT a normal thing.
Thank you for the reply!

I don't believe it's possible that second hand cannabis smoke will get you high contrary to popular belief, there is a study done on it somewhere I'll try dig it up.

Try smoking a lot less then, don't take a full-bowl/cone in a bong or smoke a whole joint, rather pack a little tiny bowl and smoke it, wait 10 minutes, see how you feel. Dissociation isn't typically why people get stoned, however it does cause it in some people or if you are super high. YMMV.