• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Marijuana causing nausea out of the blue

dr_dalsimer

Greenlighter
I am a regular marijuana smoker, have smoked every day for several years. Have cut back recently. I have also been using cocaine almost every day for the past ~9 months. I have an unidentified gastrointestinal problem that has been causing pain and nausea for the past 6 months, but marijuana has always assisted in relieving this. The night before last, I took a small amount of LSD for the first time in almost a year(last time I took LSD, I personally witnessed the death of my best friend) and it caused severe anxiety, panic, and nausea. When I tried to smoke a joint and go to sleep, I felt instantly nauseous and almost threw up. Today when I tried again, I felt slightly nauseous but nowhere near as bad as before I also take klonopin 0.5 twice a day and Losec 20 once a day, as well as Zantac twice a day. This has never happened to me before. Does anyone have any input on what might cause the problem, or a way to solve it? Thanks

You may be sarting to develope Cannabinoid hyperemesis. A good way to tell would be to smoke some and then see if a hot shower ends up helping you out. It likely comes down to the cannabinoids being involved with regulation of body temperature and nausea with the hypothalamus. Increasing body temperature my cause chemical changes which alleviate the nausea. It appears that the symptoms disappear with cessation of cannabis use. If this is the case the cannabis may have just turned on you and you may need to give them up.

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/...weating-it-solved/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0

I am a regular marijuana smoker, have smoked every day for several years. Have cut back recently. I have also been using cocaine almost every day for the past ~9 months. I have an unidentified gastrointestinal problem that has been causing pain and nausea for the past 6 months, but marijuana has always assisted in relieving this. The night before last, I took a small amount of LSD for the first time in almost a year(last time I took LSD, I personally witnessed the death of my best friend) and it caused severe anxiety, panic, and nausea. When I tried to smoke a joint and go to sleep, I felt instantly nauseous and almost threw up. Today when I tried again, I felt slightly nauseous but nowhere near as bad as before I also take klonopin 0.5 twice a day and Losec 20 once a day, as well as Zantac twice a day. This has never happened to me before. Does anyone have any input on what might cause the problem, or a way to solve it? Thanks
I agree that you are a candidate for Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome CHS. I would recommend only vaporizing pot to avoid toxic combustion generated CB1 compounds active at the hypothalamus causing many of the CHS symptoms, or you could stop smoking pot. I had CHS for 20years. It has gone away twice after conversion to vaporizers only. Good luck, this is new stuff for you. I hope it isn't CHS. Do you take hot showers to ease symptoms? Most folks with CHS get relief from this and other autonomic stimulation strategies.