• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Marijuana and LSD/Psilocybin effects during development

ljtr

Greenlighter
I've heard so much about marijuana being harmless that I didn't even consider looking into its effects on developing teens until very recently. I read some page stating that the results of a study were that it harms significantly the developing brain. If I recall correctly, the usual "catch" was that the average participant was 13, smoked weed 3 times a day for years, and had a lower than average IQ at the start. I don't think the use of other substances was verified, either.

I'd almost say smoking weed 3 times a day at any age would be bad and I couldn't find how long after they stopped smoking their test took place. At that frequency, I think the study would've had to have waited at least a few months and I didn't see it say it did. With all that said, I think it's safe to conclude that smoking weed multiple times daily during developing years has a negative effect on intellect for at least a few months.

My question, then, is whether it directly scales downward with frequency or it's more like the MDMDA severe neurotoxicity "studies". Would a 15 year old smoking weed once to twice a week produce any damage lasting more than a few months after stopping? If so, would the damage exceed, on average, half an IQ point in performance? (IQ is stupid and inaccurate but drug studies tend to use it for some reason so let's be consistent) Also (not as important) other than potentially causing psychosis or disconnection from reality, could LSD or psilocybin possibly cause any damage?