• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Marijuana and depression

Opi_Kid_Rock

Bluelighter
The view that is being constantly shoved down my throat with inconclusive evidence is that Marijuana worsens depression over time. Where is the proof?

Sounds like some big pharma shills lol

Cannabis isn't for everyone though and should be treated with respect like any other substance. But it's a great tool for a lot of people with bad nerve damage, epilepsy, cancer, and many other health issues.

Personally the only time I will use it is if I have BAD insomnia.

I mean it does kinda enhance everything, when I went a full year without any drugs I realized that It didn't worsen shit but just made me feel like it was worse than it actually was

The view that is being constantly shoved down my throat with inconclusive evidence is that Marijuana worsens depression over time. Where is the proof?

Shoved down your throat by whom? I would agree it worsens depression over time, at least for a lot of people. Might not be true for everyone and depends on your level of use. Heavy use is very bad.

The war on drugs, federal reserve worsen depression as time goes on but government continues these practices.

Cannabis is by a safer alternative if it works for you.

learning to relax in the face of what does not make sense is net positive, loving cannabis for that.

I used to love cannabis, still do, but do feel like excessive use can worsen depression
It certainly can worsen depression for some people. I’m on a low dose of Mirtazipine. No problems with cannabis. Then, there is endogenous and exeogenous depression. One may be more severe than the other and It might be the case that cannabis worsens one.

Tom

Shoved down your throat by whom? I would agree it worsens depression over time, at least for a lot of people. Might not be true for everyone and depends on your level of use. Heavy use is very bad.
By whom? My doctors, the internet after stating no in-depth studies have been conducted.

I use it for chronic pain issues and I can tell you without any doubt tje "correct" strain can and will.lift your depression. I use it daily for all my ailments and it is a game changer in my opinion.

Where is the proof?
A brief look at the literature confirms that there is a correlation between depression and cannabis use at a rate more frequently expected than by chance however it is not clear in which direction i.e. whether pre-existing or causing. More studies needed. Limited link between cannabis treating depression or worsening it. Basically just more studies needed. Toke up 🚬

I use it for chronic pain issues and I can tell you without any doubt tje "correct" strain can and will.lift your depression. I use it daily for all my ailments and it is a game changer in my opinion.

I agree with you 100%. I think what OP's talking about is more of a problem with pot making people complacent with their depression. Eventually the problem snowballs past the point where you're able to be okay with it, and that's when you really get fucked because what used to be your medicine won't medicate your ailment any longer and now you have to cope without a crutch.

Hell, technically speaking, no tests will be conducted until the Federal government gets their heads out of their asses and drops the Schedule I designation (BTW, the same designation as cocaine and heroin). I can't believe millions of US citizens are being deprived of medicine due to an outdated raciist law dating back to 1937.

Hell, technically speaking, no tests will be conducted until the Federal government gets their heads out of their asses and drops the Schedule I designation (BTW, the same designation as cocaine and heroin). I can't believe millions of US citizens are being deprived of medicine due to an outdated raciist law dating back to 1937.
Well technically speaking cocaine is schedule 2

Control Status: Cocaine is a schedule II substance under the Controlled Substances Act.

It still amazes me how they put that fucking list together, with marijuana always leading the charge for the Schedule 1 substances.