• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Marijuana aggravates my arthritis pain

Jeffrey36

Greenlighter
I found your site by asking on Google if marijuana could actually WORSEN arthritis symptoms, because that is exactly what happens in my own case. And it happens quickly, within minutes, and can last for hours, even after only a few puffs. I am seventy-three, have studied ballet for years, and have developed severe hip and moderate knee arthritis from all of the repeated physical trauma. I rely on two canes to walk about. I suspended my marijuana use for about 5 days (I am a daily smoker of about two joints) to check about the pain generation, and, as soon as I recommenced its use, the aggravated pains and aches returned. Walking became much more crippled than usual, and my shins and knees ached and throbbed painfully, even when I was lying in bed. I am absolutely NOT simply imagining this!!! I have also experienced spinal stiffness when smoking, and I do not have spinal arthritis. I have been smoking for mood improvement for years, but now I am forced to try, at least, to relinquish pot for the reasons I have listed, but, if anyone has any other ideas on this subject, please do advise. I take no pharmacological drug for my arthritis pain.

I'm sorry to hear that you're still in pain, but I'm glad you've tried cannabis instead of going the pharmaceutical route. Cannabis has some of the strongest natural anti-inflammatory properties, and I think it would be a great way to treat arthritis.

Have you tried changing up different strains and see which ones work better or worse for you? If you're in a legal state and have access to a variety of different kinds, I'd try something that's high in CBD. They come in all different ratios and usually the ones with higher CBD to less THC work well for people with pain issues. Pure indicas and indica dominant hybrids would also help with relaxing and taking your mind off the pain.

If you're in California or Colorado, I'd look into the "Prana" product line. They have a trans-dermal cream that's specifically for arthritis and chronic pain, as well as a wide variety of other products available that could really help. They have patient specific programs at River Rock Wellness (Denver) and Harborside Healing (San Jose / Oakland) to find what works right for you.

Hello Jeffrey and WELCOME! :)

DaDankyDank...Thank you for the information. I hope this is helpful for Jeffrey if he has access. I don't have answers, but will follow this thread, as I have severe arthritis pain along with a plethora of GI issues.

Unfortunately, I live in MS with no access to medicinal MJ. I've read there are products that could be very helpful with not only pain relief but functionality of my digestive system.

I am currently enrolled in PM with little to no success. I don't take the Oxycodone I'm prescribed because I KNOW the rebound pain is worse when taking it, thus the potential for needing more. I have no desire to tread on that hamster wheel.

It seems I can only wish for relief. My best wishes to both of you. Kudos on the ballet...what a magnificent art of dance!

Someone who I know in a state where cannabis is decriminalized for medicinal use tried CBD oil and said how it did nothing to help his pain, and that nothing happened when he ingested it. I don't think he wants to use THC, so he has not used THC or actual hash/cannabis.

weed makes by chronic back pain worse. the effects are instant and last the rest of the day.