• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

MAOI (B. Caapi) + TCA + Atenolol + Klonopin + Kava = ???

bickoma

Bluelighter
Hey, just made a little error here.

Earlier today I did a small amount of cocaine. Enough to make me not feel good. I forgot how much I hate the way stimulants affect me.

Anyway, to kick off the new year, I wanted to have a nice slightly psychedelic experience so I decided to drop Kava + B. Caapi together both in pretty small amounts. HOWEVER, I am on a TCA (Viibryd) along with Klonopin and Atenolol (Beta blocker).

Should I be concerned?

Thanks.

I should note these were all taken at the same time. About 10g B Caapi, a small amount of Kava, 1mg klonopin, 15mg atenolol, and 20mg viibryd.

Viibryd isn't a TCA, it's a drug that acts as a combined SSRI and 5HT1A partial agonist (I believe the official term is "Serotonin Modulator and Stimulator")... think Prozac + Buspar rolled into one.

Anyway, B. caapi is primarily an MAOI with only relatively mild psychedelic effects, so it may not exactly be a good idea to take it while on an SSRI, especially since you probably wouldn't be able to tell if you're getting nauseous because of the Banisteriopsis or because you're in an early stages of serotonin syndrome.

Last edited:
Not sure what combining kava and an MAOI is supposed to achieve...? I'm not sure, I would try to keep an eye on yourself, make sure you don't start feeling serotonin syndrome effects. In the future you should think a little harder about what you're doing though, to be honest, kinda surprised you'd make this sort of decision.

I don't think the benzo or beta blocker is going to be affected. The TCA, maybe. Cocaine should definitely not be cxombined with MAOIs, but since you took it earlier, you might be alright. Just be prepared to get help should if you start to feel really bad. Are you alone?

Last edited:
Please next time research combinations before taking them, it could really ruin you for example if it actually was a TCA. Also don't combine cocaine with beta-blockers, you can have a heart attack, that kind of complication. There isn't any real positive synergy going on here either so especially not a good reason to take potentially dodgy combo's.