• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin MAOI and oral heroin administration

busted.produk

Bluelighter
Greetings BL family.
I performed a cursory search(bl & google) which yielded little to no results before deciding to post but if this has been previously discussed(and i just didnt find the thread), id be greatful for a link to that thread.
That being said, i dont have a specific question per se, but more so im looking for info on the subject of orally administered heroin with maois.
Has anyone personally researched or stumbled upon published research regarding the co-administration of an maoi and heroin?
Could this be a method of reducing harm(when wanting to take an IV break) by bringing up the oral BA or would it be too unpredictable for dosing?
Any info on the subject would be thoroughly appreciated.
Thanx folks!

Hello there! Im sorry if Im not understanding something (probably because I just got off work and have been up for 30 hours lol), but are you asking the BA of oral heroin while on MAOI's?

I dont think taking Heroin while on a Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitor would be a good idea. But I'm not entirely sure if MAOI's effect the mu opioid receptor or any other opioid receptor.

It certainly effects the amount of Serotonin, Norepinephrine, and Dopamine in the brain.

Basically id just like to know if there are any studies showing whether or not the oral BA of heroin can be increased(safely) with mao inhibitors(or something else im overlooking) or if the potency would become too unpredictable.

I'm not entirely sure if MAOI's effect the mu opioid receptor or any other opioid receptor.
Mono Amine Oxidase breaks down many drugs(metabolism) creating from some, active metabolites and inactive for others and if im not mistaken most opioids/opiates are affected by cyp2d6(among others) so by inhibiting this function some substances become dangerous due to higher concentrations of said substance.
Now i know that heroin goes through extensive first-pass metabolism when taken orally and due to this fact, it(from what ive read) is fully metabolized into morphine before crossing the BBB. My guess is that this is why the oral BA is so low.
In my limited understanding of the topic, im curious if there is a way to boost the BA so i can give my veins a break without moving to insufflation, as that ROA makes my tolerance skyrocket.
Thanks!

Mono Amine Oxidase breaks down many drugs(metabolism) creating from some, active metabolites and inactive for others and if im not mistaken most opioids/opiates are affected by cyp2d6(among others) so by inhibiting this function some substances become dangerous due to higher concentrations of said substance.
Now i know that heroin goes through extensive first-pass metabolism when taken orally and due to this fact, it(from what ive read) is fully metabolized into morphine before crossing the BBB. My guess is that this is why the oral BA is so low.
In my limited understanding of the topic, im curious if there is a way to boost the BA so i can give my veins a break without moving to insufflation, as that ROA makes my tolerance skyrocket.
Thanks!

I dont think there is a way. MAOIs clean up any excessive neurotransmitters in the brain. You'd have to inhibit the first pass metabolism of Heroin by the liver so it doesnt turn into morphine but I'm not sure this is possible.