View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Manipulating DXM/DXO ratio: DXM+quinidine vs DXM+dexamethasone

Renald

Bluelighter
Have you ever tried to compare effects from DXM with CYP2D6 inhibitor, like quinidine to the effects of DXM with CYP2D6 potentiator, like dexamethasone. The first will cause more DXM with less DXO, the second - the opposite effect. From theoretical standpoint the first combination will be more psychedelic, the second - more dissociative. What does the practice say?

Last edited:
CYP2D6 inducers will, as you said, encourage the conversion of DXM to DXO. DXO is the actual compound responsible for dissociative effects, DXM itself is effectively a SNRI and sigma agonist.

I don't know if I would call one "psychedelic" and the other "dissociative". I would say "pure" DXM is a very stimulating high with mild motor impairment. DXO and conditions that encourage the formation of DXO give the powerful, almost amnesic dissociative, spacy, "calm" effects.

Also, not many people can source quinidine or dexamethasone ... I know quinidine is an anti arryhtmic agent, so it could fuck with your heart rhythm if you mess with the dosage. And dexamethasone is a corticosteroid: it's not a drug you should take systematically just to potentiate cough syrup; the list of side effects is about a mile long.

Last edited:
DXO lacks significant SNRI and sigma action?
I have read several studies where DXM was combined with quinidine to maximize DXM/DXO ratio, but the dosages of DXM were subrecreational.
Personally I would prefer DXO component of DXM-DXO to the DXM, I dont like stimulants, they aggravate my panic reactions. Also, maybe DXO would cause less body load, such as rash, itching and other histamine mediated symptoms?

If you want a more DXO, take a CYP3A4 inhibitor like grapefruit to decrease the amount of DXM being metabolized into 3-methoxymorphinan, and slow the metabolization of DXO into 3-hydroxymorphinan. It makes for a more pleasant experience IME.

....then take a bunch of kratom extract and a ton of dirty rolls while chugging more grapefruit juice and snorting a handful of zolof, ambien, datura, amanitas, and nutmeg!!!!