• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

mangos and cannabis

The compound in question is myrcene, and it exists in higher concentrations in lemongrass oil. I've tried both and I found it increased the effects somewhat. Some weed has plenty of myrcene, and in that case it won't have any effect. It is generally most useful with old weed and hash. It has mild analgesic effects and supposedly assists more active chemicals in getting across the blood brain barrier. A lot of these minor chemicals have a synergistic effect with the major cannabinoids.

interesting, the article mentions that myrcene is associated with a lot of the smells of cannabis. I wonder if thats why you can tell how potent a specific bud is going to be based on almost the smell alone.

Hmm , i read this about 1 month and i said it's a lie , but it isn't .

I clicked on the link and it says this:

Other researchers support Greenblatt’s opinion. Michael Backes, author of Cannabis Pharmacy: The Practical Guide to Medical Marijuana points out to Dangerous Minds that, while myrcene can positvely influence the effects of THC, a human can’t really absorb the compound simply by eating a mango. Myrcene, is a type of terpene, which is kind of like a natural pesticide, and humans evolved in a way to filter out such compounds, meaning next to no myrcene will actually enter your bloodstream post-mango.

So it seems like the mango theory is mostly just rumour and hearsay. Still, you could try yourself, and hey, maybe the placebo effect will be enough to make a marked difference in your smoking experience.

Personally I think it's just a pointless fad. Someone read about the effects of myrcene on THC and found out mangos contained some of this substance and decided eating them would get you higher rather than the other way round.