• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Managing the after effects

Llanlad

Greenlighter
Hi All,

Little bit about me. 28 year old professional who dabbles in cocaine every now and then. I'd say I probably on average have a cocaine binge every 6-8 weeks in non covid years. Over the weekend I had my first cocaine session since August. I'd usually do between 1-2 grams. I have noticed that it is really effecting my performance in work now until at least Wednesday, hence why I am writing this thread. I just have this cloud over me and I simply cannot motivate myself to do any work and my concentration is also dreadful. I also cannot motivate myself to do any excercise or eat healthily, even making the bed is a chore. This always happens the week after I have a cocaine binge. I should point out that I don't struggle with negative thoughts or any detriment to my mental health, I am fortunate in that respect. I also don't crave further cocaine use in the days after which is another plus!

My question is - Is there anything I can do to manage this better? Specifically motivation and concentration for work or is this just how it is for me? I hear of people in high power jobs who do cocaine all the time, the way I feel now I can't see how that is possible!

I'm looking at any foods, drink or over the counter drugs I could take. Thanks in advance.

Based on experience (in a previous lifetime and a long time ago but being around the same age as you at the time) this sounds pretty normal to me I hate to tell you. After a day and night or two of non stop so-called fun: it'd take me a few days to come right too. It's called "the Cocaine Blues" if I remember correctly. And the average period before feeling normal again and having a hop, skip, and jump in your step too was about two or three days. Not sure how you yourself go about things though i.e. in my case I used to drink like a fish while using and no food or sleep during the so-called fun period. But then I am talking about the '80's when there was indeed Cocaine in Cocaine (if you feel me). I see posts around here all of the time where dudes use and then eat and go to sleep afterward. Never heard of such a thing. Certainly not my experience anyway.

Did I ever come across any miracle cure for said blues? Nope. Just dealt with it. Until the next session of course! :ROFLMAO: Rinse and repeat. Eventually it just got old and that was the end of that (albeit that it was around a ten year stretch which is nothing to be sniffed at) (no pun intended). Well. The quality too started getting really bad so that also helped. Had that not happened slowly over time: could be I'd be singing a different tune today.

Probably nothing you wanted to hear. But that's my (well earned and not to mention handsomely paid for) experience.

The above all being said: it you're not carrying on like an animal (the way I did) i.e. if you're just using Cocaine and absolutely nothing else well then the obvious question is how sure are you of the quality? Based on your intro. it sounds to me like you have experience on the topic though so probably wasting my time reminding you that today's Cocaine can be cut with some really bad stuff.

As for high power jobs while using: for sure it's doable (as long as it's the good stuff of course). As long as you keep using that is. Been more than a few people who lost the farm only when and after they decided to stop using and get clean. The motivation to keep making boatloads of money to pay for said pleasure just wasn't there anymore. True stories. There's even a documentary floating around somewhere on this topic (albeit that it's dated i.e. watched some many years ago).

Something else to bear in mind though i.e. this pandemic shit has taken its toll on people mentally big time and more than one may even think or be aware of. So assuming it's the good stuff: don't discount the fact that you may be coming from an emotionally low base, hitting it, and then having to come back down again and into the doldrums. That's different from starting off from a normal base and eventually having to return to just that point. I know for sure I'd not be able to handle that.

1-2 grams is heavy, I think. I usually do under 0.5g and feel no hangover. That's one factor.

Then, is it a party through the night that you do? Then, sleep schedule disruption is having negative effect. Sleep deprivation or heavy disruption if you sleep through the day.

Stimulants like Ritalin or Amphetamine would likely help very much. Don't use too much - this is for work, not party. Though, I failed to party on Ritalin whatever dose I used. So Ritalin maybe is a better choice.

Investigate further - here and elsewhere, I bet you will find good advice from experienced users.

But my subjective take is that your use is rather heavy and effects are normal. The best would be to use less. But you know that already, I guess.