• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Managing stimulant use, truly ADHD or not

adhdanon

Greenlighter
Finishing up law school and diagnosed ADHD, so definitely on high doses for this bar exam coming up, but in between I've gone to interviews on the XR 30s and I'm just not really there (also on Lexapro SSRI 10 mg). Also have some IR 15s and they work so much better for me with studying, focus, overall mood. I know they produce more euphoria so maybe I'm slipping again or maybe it's what I needed again, but i run out of them so fast, only left with opening XR capsules which are crap. The best ADHD med for me was Barr's Adderall IR, I got all work done, had energy to commute through law school and bang my g1rl all night, but anxiety got so bad, that's when Lexapro came in.

I tried Vyvanse with Lexapro and I was basically taken advantage of financially and retarded when it came to doing work in school, I completely lost track being with this new gf (who had abuse problem of her own) and now with bar approaching, I'm unsure how to go about anything. Last time I came off Lexapro, my anxiety was so bad it made people flinch and I was only on Addy IR 10 mg.

The thing I did like about Vyvanse was physically, you couldn't really tell if I was on a stim or not when Addy is so much more obvious. I heard of Evekeo or Adzenys (basically same as Addy XR), but don't know anymore. The lexapro saved my life, but also took my emotions and sex drive and passion away from me.

I'm trying to figure out the best way to balance this and yes I'll switch doctors because he's left it up to me and I've basically ran a tornado since day 1 in 2012.

Any input is appreciated.