• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Man I wish I had someone to talk to about Swedenborg!!!!!!

kvsouth69

Bluelighter
Any philisophers out there study him? He was beyond genious back in the day, held a seat in the queens' court, highly respected in politics, WAY ahead of his time....stuff ppl though he cray for then are actyually being proven today. I'd say he's close to the Edgar Cayce of his time , the 1700s.

But his vew on spirituatlity.....now that all makes sense in my spirit and it completely shows how everyone is wrong! man please lell me someone knows about him.

Any philisophers out there study him? He was beyond genious back in the day, held a seat in the queens' court, highly respected in politics, WAY ahead of his time....stuff ppl though he cray for then are actyually being proven today. I'd say he's close to the Edgar Cayce of his time , the 1700s.

But his vew on spirituatlity.....now that all makes sense in my spirit and it completely shows how everyone is wrong! man please lell me someone knows about him.

I don't know anything about Swedenbourg, and I was about to start reading about him. At first he sounded interesting, but then it's too bad you compare him to Edgar Cayce. Edgar Cayce was not impressive. What I get from his (Cayce) life's work is 100s of volumes of 'readings' where he gave medical advice to sick people and answered questions on reincarnation. 90% of his cures were prescriptions for the sick person to take spoons full of castor oil. His New Age teachings were not much different from the Theosophical society publications that were popular around his time. I think all Cayce did was apply a fundamentalist christian spin to Theosophy.

I like Deunov/Aivanhov the most of all those prophets. I just like the way they express things, although they never actually wrote anything, and all the Prosveta material is based on stuff their followers took down from their speeches.

Nostradamus was also quite interesting and I think worked as the seer/wiseman for the king of France at his time. Quite a few of his predictions actually came true, one quote I remember, "In the future, vulgar chants from the crowds will be revered like high art" (I guess referring to modern pop/rock music).

Anyway, most of the later European prophets have a Christian base, even though they're very different. Except from the Greek philosphers, who are something totally different.

By the way, one bizarre fact I just remembered.

Apparantly, one of Cayce's theories was, when asked about that karmic background of Jesus, was that he was the original Adam who came back to save us to make up for his misdeeds. Sounds a little bit convenient, doesn't it? Christianity and philosophy all nicely wrapped up in a little package.

Ok, that was the best comparson I couldmake,but it was bad bc they were totally different.Swedenborg was THE genius of his
Ttime. Even the queen wanted him in his court. But he wasn't just a genious on a few topics--it icluded astrology, to physics (before his tme),to medicine (before his time), history, politics, science, etc. And he thought like a scientist--he was a scienstist. So in his 50s, he was given visions and expreiences over the course of 30 years, which I believe because Ive had like experiences. Only inthe 1700s, and with him being the most famous person inthe world (which he did not want to be) writing and pusblishing these books could result in death. Instead, he made 1000 copies and for 30 years he used his own money to do this, had a deal witha bookseller, and the books sold.

When he was in his 80s , they figured out who he was and he was sent to trial for it. But what's so amazing is not only his nonspiritual stuff, we are still discovering he was right. And the spiritaul stuff and stuff we are hearing about every day *(not talked about during his time) and they are ACCURATE. Even the strange things I['ve gone through or even believed without understanding why I believed it turns out to be true. Over time, several psychiatrists have looked into his history to see if he was mad. Not only was he not mad, he had the most organzied mind for anyone his age- that he tagged his books with numbers AS HE WROTE THEM. Most of his books now were his diaries found 50 years later, and published...without an inconsistency in anything. He's quite a man.If you want to know more about Swedenborg, he wasin't simpleton like Cacey. Watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_ZP30NFYf8 (was Swedenborg crazy).

Every Monday , SF does a youtube at 8EST . There are so many videos out to watch.
But unlike every single church that has failed to get me closer to god and really is only an interpretation of the bible (which I believe many are WRONG)...he's had experiences which speaks to my spirit almost with a familiarity, like I once knew this stuff. I'm just saying it's very comforting and he has changed my life and changed the way I read the bible. I follow no denomination. And that's the beauty of Swedenborg. He plainly says it matter NOT what religion you are. That's man made and god doesn't care!

I like Deunov/Aivanhov the most of all those prophets. I just like the way they express things, although they never actually wrote anything, and all the Prosveta material is based on stuff their followers took down from their speeches.

Nostradamus was also quite interesting and I think worked as the seer/wiseman for the king of France at his time. Quite a few of his predictions actually came true, one quote I remember, "In the future, vulgar chants from the crowds will be revered like high art" (I guess referring to modern pop/rock music).

Anyway, most of the later European prophets have a Christian base, even though they're very different. Except from the Greek philosphers, who are something totally different.

I love Nostradamus! I will give just about any philopher of fame a chance;

By the way, one bizarre fact I just remembered.

Apparantly, one of Cayce's theories was, when asked about that karmic background of Jesus, was that he was the original Adam who came back to save us to make up for his misdeeds. Sounds a little bit convenient, doesn't it? Christianity and philosophy all nicely wrapped up in a little package.

Swedenborg is all about correspondences. Want your mind blown? Watch this and learn the spiritual meaning of
Adam and Eve (obsiously they WERENT the first to people on earth) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVlVBOsW5jk

I don't know anything about Swedenbourg, and I was about to start reading about him. At first he sounded interesting, but then it's too bad you compare him to Edgar Cayce. Edgar Cayce was not impressive. What I get from his (Cayce) life's work is 100s of volumes of 'readings' where he gave medical advice to sick people and answered questions on reincarnation. 90% of his cures were prescriptions for the sick person to take spoons full of castor oil. His New Age teachings were not much different from the Theosophical society publications that were popular around his time. I think all Cayce did was apply a fundamentalist christian spin to Theosophy.

Also, reading Swedenborg is a LOT more interesting ifyou don't mind textbook style, formal scientific writing. That is how how wrote. But man will it open your eyes. I'm not saying he is 100 percent correct.....but I've had experiences that never made sense until I read him and he answered a LOT of questions christians today cannot answer. Off The Left Eye has a ton of vidoes if you 'd rather just learn bits and pieces, but the Swenedborg Foundation will let you download all their books for free.

Wasn't Swedenborg famous for emitting sparks of light from the soles of his feet when he walked in the grass? After he achieved his enlightenment. But after you "ascend" you are supposed to be able to change form, right, like the paintings of hindu yogis with 8 arms.

Also Peter Deunov, when he was called in to be interrogated by the police about his religious activities, he said he didn't have to have shown up, if he hadn't wanted (because he could disappear from the physical plane at will), but did out of respect for the laws in his country. That would be about the most exciting thing that could happen to you.

I can't forget that time I felt like I was dissolved into a cloud of energy particles, for a while, when I was on MXE. I started thinking maybe that was how it was going to be from now, then I reassembled again. It somehow felt familiar, though, I'm sure we've all experienced that on other planes. Maybe it happens when you enter a higher dimension and before you can adjust to the subtler matter?

I've had that "familiar" feeling a variety of times on psychedelics/dissociatives... it's compelling. It feels so real. Despite the chance I leave in my mind for it being a delusion, some of those experiences have still dramatically changed the way I view reality, and thus, my life.

I had to change the title. I just feel it would be very difficult to talk to Swedenbourg about anything...;)