Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Man dies at Rainbow Serpent - Ballarat Courier

ayjay

Bluelighter
From here

A 34-YEAR-OLD Epping man died at the 15th Rainbow Serpent Festival at Beaufort from unknown causes.
A Victoria Police spokeswoman said the cause of the death was not believed to be suspicious.

“Police are aware of the death of a 34-year-old man from Epping at the festival,” she said.

“Police and paramedics were called to the festival at 1.30am.

“But the death is not believed to be suspicious.”

Ambulance Victoria spokesman John Mullen said the man was already dead when emergency crews arrived at the scene.

“An ambulance crew attended in the early hours of Sunday morning,” Mr Mullen said.

“Ambulance Victoria paramedics determined that the patient was deceased.”

Heart attack apparently...

Havin' way to much fun !

Mainbow has been lamebow for a while now man.. fuck it.

34 is really young for a cardiac arrest - poor bastard. If it was as hot out there as it was in Melbourne over the weekend, that may have contributed.

You have to wonder if stim use had any part to play too. I'm certainly wary myself as an "older" person that I shouldn't hit the wizz etc too hard. I've often noticed the 50-something showbiz types dropping dead from heart attacks - too much booze and coke I suspect.

A couple of my friends had heart attacks in their late 30s - basically because they were unhealthy piss-heads who smoked like chimneys!! Luckily they are both still around to tell the tale..

Havin' way to much fun !

Mainbow has been lamebow for a while now man.. fuck it.
that's really sad. regardless of whether the festival is as cool as it used to be or whatever, have some respect man.
the cat surely has friends and family who will miss him. RIP.

I know my first thoughts were worries of my own friends at Rainbow Serpant.

At least he died doing what he loved presumably, condolences to his family and friends.

'Everything is very odd here': Daniel dials mum as music festival turns to tragedy

''MUM, I have taken some very bad acid and everything is very odd here.''

These were some of the last words that 34-year-old Daniel Buccianti spoke to his mother, Adriana, from the Rainbow Serpent Festival in Beaufort.

A few hours later, in the early hours of Sunday morning, the Epping man was dead.

A Victoria Police spokeswoman said Mr Buccianti's death was not believed to be suspicious.

''Drugs took my son,'' Ms Buccianti said. ''He rang here that Saturday night at 6.15pm … and said, 'Mum, I have taken some very bad acid.'

''I said, 'Daniel don't worry, you need to get yourself to St John Hospital really quickly.' ''

Mr Buccianti asked his mother to come pick him up but 40 minutes later he called again to say he was fine.

On Sunday morning police informed Ms Buccianti of her son's death.

Rural Ambulance spokeswoman Gabrielle Degenhardt said there was nothing paramedics could do for Mr Buccianti.

''Around 1.30am, the man was deceased when we arrived,'' she said.

A 25-year-old also attending the music festival was taken to the Ballarat Base Hospital in a serious condition on Saturday night, after suffering a cardiac arrest in connection with a drug overdose.

Ms Buccianti said she held the festival organisers responsible for her son's death.

“They should be shut down,” she said.

“If the police didn’t find any drugs at the festival then they were not looking hard enough.”

Meanwhile, members of the small but tight-knit Buccianti family gathered at the Epping residence yesterday.

Candles burnt in front of Mr Buccianti's photo at a makeshift altar in the kitchen.

Just 10 days ago, the family was celebrating Daniel's birthday.

Ms Buccianti said her son was hard-working, likeable but sometime cheeky.

A single mother, she said Daniel had been her strength. ''My life has changed forever,'' she said.

Rainbow Serpent Festival organisers could not be contacted last night.

This summer music festival season, police have made more than 167 drug-related arrests.

On Sunday, 20 people were arrested at the Big Day Out through the use of sniffer dogs.

Last month, there were 90 arrests, 89 for possession of a drug of dependence, at the Stereosonic festival. Police made 56 arrests at Summadayze on New Year's Day and four drivers tested positive to drugs leaving this year's Falls Festival.

from here

Implication is acid led to death - which would be unusual to say the least. A terrible tragedy for Daniel's family and friends - I just hope it doesn't turn into a jihad against festivals. I keenly await the coroner's report.

Incidentally - this doesn't belong in social and events. It happened at an event, but there is a deeper conversation here about harm reduction, drug education and the public understanding of drugs, drug users and drug using scenes.

And laughable the amount of police arrests at festivals. More than 167 8o !! That's about a quarter of 1% of attendees at the three festivals named (my rough mental calculation with made-up attendance figures - feel free to correct, but you get the idea!)

shit, thats sad and bad.

Ms Buccianti said she held the festival organisers responsible for her son's death.

“They should be shut down,” she said.

“If the police didn’t find any drugs at the festival then they were not looking hard enough.”

I agree Ayjay, I'd personally put this in DITM... Infact I'll add it there now and mention you found it. Cheers.

Sorry, I should've read more thoroughly before moving. I thought it would be suitable to merge into the existing thread for the event, perhaps not

Wow, this is really shit :\

I'm happy for this thread to stay here but can send it back if the AusDD mods would prefer :)

Heroin OD

My sources suggest that the deceased overdosed on heroin. Also that the reported non-fatal drug overdose of another young man at Rainbow was a heroin overdose.

By various accounts there was a lot of strong acid at Rainbow this year - using heroin as a come-down drug is not that unusual in some circles but certainly has its risks. Be careful everyone!

It's very sad news, but she can't blame the festival organizers for her son's death.