• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

making the switch from oxy to H

Sharp91

Greenlighter
Ive been a long time user of pain killers, recently theyve become harder to find. This is leading me to be tempted to make the switch to H. Is Heroin more addictive? Any pros or cons would be appreciated.

Sharp

Well, there's a whole lot of cons so I'll start with them first.
Most heroin today is not actually heroin in that it's usually cut with high levels of fent, which is dangerous because you never know what you're getting.
The addiction to h leaves you seriously fiending; you think you feind for pills now, well h is a whole other ballgame in that regard. You can overdose from pills but you run a higher risk of ODing from h because of the cut. If you IV (and share even once) or you share snorting utensils you could wind up with some really nasty diseases for life. I digress, but the list goes on.

The only pro is that it's cheap and it feels good until you have raging addiction.

She will consume every aspect of your life and drag you to hell. It's cheaper at first but in a few months you will be spending every cent you have on it. Oxy withdrawal sucks but kicking H is a different beast. Do you have a family? Good chances you won't after you're a full blown junkie. Job? Same shit. Read the "should I try herion" megathread.

Pros?

^ They may be blowing it out of proportion.. The wd's are about the same as oxy. And I would say I fiend for h just as much as I did for oxy. The fent problem is real though, but H is so much easier to find, you won't be waiting hours or days for your dude to be good..

- Hopeless..

If you ask if H is more addictive than oxy, you shouldn't be thinking about it IMO. I wish I was blowing it out of proportion. I would still have a family

Maybe its better that the pills are becoming harder to find. You should open your self up to a positive change. Rather then digging a deeper hole.

Yes if it's bth, the wds will be worsened by all the other alkaloids, with diacetylmorphine this will be reduced... if its pharm' grade, sure it'll be worse, but normally commoner's don't have access to the pure shit, and we settle for cut product that is about as potent as oxycodone.. This also depends on where you live, and what roa you choose to utilize..

- Hopeless

oxy to heroin-bad idea

I would not advise anyone to go from oxycontin to heroin. You can get off of oxy with suboxone fairly well, but heroin is a different story. My son died from an overdose of heroin and benadryl. He tried desperately to get off of heroin, willingly going into 3 months of rehab. The stats on staying clean for heroin are not good. The triggers to want to use again are strong and last for years. Don't make things worse for yourself.

But the with drawls included puking,headaches,dry mouth,depression,and anxiety not including anything you would get from cut white heroin.
What are you trying to say here? That bth doesn't have the same WD symptoms as ecp?

- HS

at a pharmaceutical level it is no more addictive i believe. However the availability of it will get you in the end. Waiting days or hours for scripts turns into a 5 minute trip to the hood. then, if your like me, youll start shooting it cuz everyone does really. Then youll start smoking crack and/or shooting speedballs cuz the dope wont really get you high, just unsick really..Then after this starts to happen youll be showering twice a month, robbing, pan handling, pawning, and spending all day in the hood just incase you come up with another $10 you could be closer to the dope man.....then youll want to kill yourself so youll go to rehab. Unless you die before you can....OR your some type of junkie miracle unlike myself, and everyone else I know who did heroin on a long term basis....cuz just about all of them, including myself, lived that excact life for years after "making the switch".....and it all happened very quickly !!

Dont say I didnt worn ya

Be safe

Exactly this^. I tried, but couldn't have put it better than how vancity describes.