• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Making lean out of codeine phosphate (30mg) pills

Status
Not open for further replies.

badvibesforever

Greenlighter
UK guy here, as you know getting codeine/promethazine syrup here is near enough impossible and I have tried it numerous times with my GP with no effects. I have a party coming up and I told my friend that we'll make some homemade lean. Before I ask anything please don't say stuff like "Duhh do some heroin instead, lean is for posers" or "Lean is a pussy drug do something stronger". I have done a fair share of drugs in my life and I just want to try it out for the "bants" as I never experienced a codeine high (if there even is one). So what I'm planning is to do some CWE on the 30mg codeine phosphate pills (I have 10 so there will be 300mg divided between 2 drinks so 150mg per drink) mix the solution with some starch syrup or normal pharmacist cough syrup and then add your sprite/fanta and some jolly ranchers+ice. My question is, should I add 2 shots of vodka to the drink? To strengthen the codeine as I won't have any promethazine. Also what is the ratio of the drink and the syrup, basically how much ml of codeine will I need in an average drink? Google says that there is 50ml of syrup in an average cup but I don't know what is the concentration of codeine per ml. Thanks for any answers or suggestions. Also since it's my first time and I claim to be no expert feel free to suggest other ways or techniques.

Don't add any alcohol, it detracts from the effects of opioids for most people. If you want to replace the promethazine with something kind of similar, perhaps try diphenhydramine (as doses so no-one gets more than 100mg DPH/300mg codeine). I take it your codeine pills are not mixed with anything else like APAP?

Nearly everyone I know who's ever had it, including myself, will tell you that the effects of promethazine in most preps of Lean totally overpower the normal codeine kind of buzz. Frankly, just using codeine (and perhaps a small dose of an antihistamine like promethazine or DPH) is much more enjoyable IME. If you're interested in the codeine buzz, actually feeling it for what it is I mean, go really easy on the antihistamines and avoid alcohol.

Don't add any alcohol, it detracts from the effects of opioids for most people. If you want to replace the promethazine with something kind of similar, perhaps try diphenhydramine (as doses so no-one gets more than 100mg DPH/300mg codeine). I take it your codeine pills are not mixed with anything else like APAP?

Nearly everyone I know who's ever had it, including myself, will tell you that the effects of promethazine in most preps of Lean totally overpower the normal codeine kind of buzz. Frankly, just using codeine (and perhaps a small dose of an antihistamine like promethazine or DPH) is much more enjoyable IME. If you're interested in the codeine buzz, actually feeling it for what it is I mean, go really easy on the antihistamines and avoid alcohol.
I personally would not suggest taking 100mg DPH with that dose. The last time I took 100mg DPH, I just ended up being really tired but unable to fall asleep along with some annoying RLS. I would try some hydroxyzine if you can get your hands on some.

Yeah, that would be more on the extreme end of the DPH dosing spectrum. 25-50mg would be much more appropriate for many (most?) people. That is a good dose to deal with some of the histamine relate side effects of codeine actually. I don't know if hydroxyzine would be as useful in that regard as promethazine, DPH or even CPM (although one has to be more careful about not dosing to high with the CPM).

With "Lean" these days, I'd rather just take the codeine in pill form with some antihistamine than drink codeine in solution TBH, so take my feedback for what you will.

So no alcohol at all? Some people say it really sets the buzz off if added in small amounts. Also would a ratio of 150mg codeine per 500ml of sprite be enough?

That is definitely enough Sprite to hand that much codeine. If you want to add a shot of spirits to each 500mL dose, you could try that - at least it wouldn't be particularly dangerous on its own.

But I'd really suggest just experiencing codeine alone or with an antihistamine (and without any alcohol) before adding alcohol to the mix. I'd also suggest trying it sober, not having drank or smoked cannabis (or whatever other drugs you might normally use) prior to taking the codeine that day. You can always add it in later or try it next time.

Too much alcohol can be very dangerous, so don't use more than one shot per 150mg codeine/500mL Sprite. If added to a mixture with alcohol, don't use CPM and dose low on the antihistamines.

At that concentration of codeine, definitely do not drink more than 1L. That is, do not take more than 300mg codeine. After that dose the histamine reaction gets really intense, and can become very dangerous actually. You'll probably want to use an antihistamine at some dose to deal with side effects of high doses of codeine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was addicted to opiates for a long time and have recently had to take promethazine to try and sedate me before bed. Promethazine makes me feel nasty and frankly doesn't do ANYTHING to get me even slight high.

I have done 100's of CWE extractions of codeine from OTC paracetamol and codeine (the only way to get codeine in the UK without prescription) and the effects were very pleasant at first. Don't drink, it won't do anything for you and will distract from the high. Weed also goes extremely well with it, and even a few drags on a cigarette will bring out the codeine way more.

Just remember to properly filter out the paracetamol and when you mix it with water make SURE it is very cold, otherwise you will get a dose of paracetamol that is bad for you.

My best method is to buy some decent (non-scented toilet paper) and mix the crushed Cocodamol (whole box) in iced water (just under a mugs worth) and stir then leave to settle for an hour or two. Once settled you can see the clear seperation of the codeinated water, just siphon that off and filter into a cup with a decent amount of toilet paper into a mug. Each pack containes 32x8mg codeine so you are looking at 256mg, of which 50ish you will waste in prep. Make SURE your solution that are drinking is clear, not murky otherwise you have got too much paracetamol in he mix.

Don't add the alcohol... People will already be drinking their.... If someone wants to risk their life they can mix their own serving of lean into a drink for themselves. Really though lean is stupid.... I don't get the concept of social opiate use like that. I mean junkies sharing a space with a designated dope cooking space and the rest is nod space, but a lean party.... The higher you get the closer you get from a room full of bros and wanksters stumbling around trying to act cool as they spill their lean wasting codeine that could help someone in true physical pain or a cough even while it's only a fine line to being a massive group suicide by opiate overdose. Especially when you are trying to concoct your own lean out of pills..... You could end up not truly mixing it and pouring out one cup with no pill residue just the saturated solution while another may have chunks of pills that add up to more than a few pills plus the saturated solution and then thinking they got hooked up they overdose after drinking it. So many ways this can go wrong.

Why not just buy an oz/quarter pound/lb of weed and everyone smoke fat..... Or put out a plate of mushrooms with a 1 gram limit every hour

Damn man, like I said I don't want to listen about how lame lean is or whatever. I just want to be able to say to myself been there done that and see what all the hype is about. About alcohol, I won't drink any and neither will my friend plus I only have 300mg of codeine, barely enough for 2 drinks so unfortunately everyone else will be left out and me and my friend won't drink anything 24 hours before or after. About the CWE, I'll make 2 batches out of 300mg so there will be no unequal solution distribution and I will do my absolute best to crush it up and filter it as good as I can ;)

Honestly you should just save it for when you're hanging out with a couple friends not a party. That's a large amount of codeine for someone not tolerant to opiates. If you don't overdose you'll be stumbling around even if you don't add promethazine as that's what truly makes lean what it is so you're not even making lean you're just using codeine....

It's like your justifying it by hiding it under the guise of general curiosity when you really just want to get fucked up. I'm sorry if you think I'm just telling you how stupid it is, but honestly that's just your interpretation. I'm just telling you one reality of it out of many.

Again if you're going to do it then do it right. Do it in a more relaxed controlled environment were you don't have to worry about looking like a fool if you use too much and end up crashing the party becoming a danger to yourself and possibly others. Finally if you really want it to be lean buy promethazine and crush them then add to water at the same ratio as lean and use some powder or squirt bottle mix to add flavor and even then people who drink syrup say its not the same....

I'm not here to tell you lean is stupid nor what or when to use in whatever way so you can tell yourself you know how to get high when that's only something one can learn from experience, but I'm here to tell you about harm reduction be it saving your life or just saving you from making an ass of yourself at a party

I wouldn't say 150mg is an exceptionally high dose, even for someone who isn't tolerant. 300mg maybe, but they should be feeling some of the effects nicely at 150mg.

If they don't take it all at once and sip on it over 4 or 6 hours or so yea they should be fine, but still is 5x a starting dose.

There is something to what you say. I took a little experimenting, but I could definitely feel enjoyable effects at 90-120mg without any tolerance. It would be a good idea to not consume the beverage super quickly. Perhaps they'd benefit from drinking 2/3 of it over the course of 15-30 minutes then finishing the remainder once they begin to notice the effects (consuming it more slowly though).

That said, I didn't find redosing on codeine to be all that useful. It seemed to work better just taking my total dose at once and then enjoying the buzz as it faded away without trying to catch on to it right away again.

Don't add the alcohol... People will already be drinking their.... If someone wants to risk their life they can mix their own serving of lean into a drink for themselves. Really though lean is stupid.... I don't get the concept of social opiate use like that. I mean junkies sharing a space with a designated dope cooking space and the rest is nod space, but a lean party.... The higher you get the closer you get from a room full of bros and wanksters stumbling around trying to act cool as they spill their lean wasting codeine that could help someone in true physical pain or a cough even while it's only a fine line to being a massive group suicide by opiate overdose. Especially when you are trying to concoct your own lean out of pills..... You could end up not truly mixing it and pouring out one cup with no pill residue just the saturated solution while another may have chunks of pills that add up to more than a few pills plus the saturated solution and then thinking they got hooked up they overdose after drinking it. So many ways this can go wrong.

Why not just buy an oz/quarter pound/lb of weed and everyone smoke fat..... Or put out a plate of mushrooms with a 1 gram limit every hour
Dude you're going way overboard. No way any of that shit even happens. Dont scare the dude. & if they add a shot if liquor to each drink i 100% guarantee they will be okay. Relax man

Where does 300mgs of codiene equal a lb/qp/ or oz of bud price wise? 8)

Your reply is very opinionated.

dude if you have pure codeine pills just take them and chase them with some sprite?
thats a far better way to consume codeine than chugging cough syrup, especially homemade syrup

So you tryna be a rapper huh? Sip some Fredo some Cheif Keef that Dj Screwwwww lol lean was always fun for me lol...Make sure you Double cup it add ice and 4 or 5 jolly ranchers ...now that my friend is a Texas Margarita!

Status
Not open for further replies.