• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Making hash oil from resin using alcohol.

YoungToker420

Greenlighter
I have read many reports of people doing this but not getting much of a high from it. When I do this I filter the alcohol until it is crystal clear through a funnel with the end plugged with cotton. I like to use everclear but iso is what I use when I'm out. Then after I've filtered it once, I put it in the freezer to winterize then I filter it again through activated charcoal. After that it is nearly scentless and doesn't smell like burnt ass. I like to put it in a Pyrex casserole pan and dry it with a hairdryer then scrape it up with a razor. It gets me blazed as fuck and many of my friends have praised me for being able to make this. (I make some hella good shatter from actual plant too). Anyways have any of you done this before? If so how strong was it.

Quality of material in ---> quality hash out

Hash is just concentrated trichomes, or with oil you destroy the membrane of the trichome and end up with a concentration of cannabinoids/terpenes (things within the glandular head before it got melted by hydrocarbons). Resin has a disgusting terp profile, and very little cannabinoids.

Sounds kinda gross to me, but if it works for you than I'm not hating. I'd stay away from using ISO though if you're not using a vac, really bad for human consumption (causes blindness and a bunch of other shit) better to use a food grade one like you suggested everclear. I haven't tried but I wouldn't expect that great of an end product.