• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Making Green Dragon by just shaking?

t_wrex

Bluelighter
I have been smoking almost daily for about 5 years now, and would like to give my lungs a break. I'd like to make some strong green dragon with my dank herb, such that 1-2 drops will be equivalent to about 8-10 inhalations.

I see here: that some people report just decarbing the green, then shaking in grain alcohol for 5 minutes? Seriously? Every method I've ever heard of required either weeks of fermentation, or a heating of the jar of herb-alcohol at ~170F for about 30 minutes.

Are they just shitting people here?

in this technique, the simmering for 20 mins is the essential decarboxylation converting natural THC-Acid (inactive compound in bud) to THC (which has lost the carboxyl acid just as it would when smoked - Heat removes the carboxyl group).
it is an important step.
from the Leafy link (which is a bit wonky!)
  1. Decarboxylate your flower or extract (if you’re using flower, grind it to a fine consistency)
  2. Mix your flower or extract in a mason jar with high-proof alcohol (preferably Everclear)
  3. Simmer the jar in a water bath for 20 minutes at 170 degrees F
  4. Strain the mixture and store

the quick shake method should not have been added, and in this 4 step the first is not the decarb the 3rd is the decarb

they should have written it
How to make decarboxylated tincture
  1. if you’re using flower, grind it to a fine consistency
  2. Mix your flower or extract in a mason jar with high-proof alcohol (preferably Everclear)
  3. Decarboxyllate by Simmering the jar in a water bath for 20 minutes at 170 degrees F
  4. Strain the mixture and store

or
How to make decarboxylated tincture
  1. if you’re using flower, grind it to a fine consistency
  2. Decarboxyllate by Baking at 220 degrees F on a cookie sheet in the oven
  3. Mix your flower or extract in a mason jar with high-proof alcohol (preferably Everclear)
  4. Simmer the jar in a water bath for 10-20 minutes at 170 degrees F
  5. Strain the mixture and store

the higher temp decarb will be more efficient, and the simmering is just to get the THC into the alcohol without causing a fire.

lol no idea what rock you've been living under... ok yeah I have an idea you might not be bullshitting me... I just have no idea about fermentation for 8 weeks lol... its more like 30 mins in the oven at 250 F

Also I'm curious now... is MCT oil really the best method of ingesting thc? wtf are these green dragon drops?