• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Making edibles or oil with Marijuana herb?

JohnBoy2000

Bluelighter
I've recently discontinued a potent sleep and appetite inducer in mirtazapine.

To replace this, I've acquired some marijuana - I'm not really keen on the idea of smoking it, primarily cause I have no desire to hamper my lung quality.

Plus it seems edibles elicit a more diverse range of cannabinoids so, basically a potentially better experiences.

The decarboxylation part is fine - throw mildy ground herb in the oven for 30 minutes (on tin foil?).

That's okay.

The part I don't like - 3 to 6 hours on the stove in melted butter.
First off - coconut oil is my fat of choice.

Secondly - 3 hours?
Hell no!

Is this step really necessary?

I really have little to no concern about the taste or quality of the baked goods being made using the decarboxylated herb.

Exclusively their effect in terms of potency.

Is this 3 hours on the stove part, really necessary?

At a certain point, a relative saturation will be reached; the butter will get darker and darker. Just don’t cook it to hell. You already decarboxylated it, so most of the goodies are absorbed by the butter in way less time. Depending on the amount, and size of vessel, of course, but my batches are 1/2oz decarb’d bud, slowly heated in butter for 35-45 minutes. Maybe the longer, the better, but I get so much out of that little time, I wouldn’t want it to be more potent really. I mean eating a cubic inch of cake or brownie is too easy. A few pieces later and it’s . . . What? Oh. One time a friend and I combined for 4 oz into a nine inch square cake. Absolutely disgusting and we cooked it for 2 hours (the butter), but whomever tried it was fucked for at LEAST a day, some two! So we go easy now, gotta be careful with yummies!

Cheers!

This is my first time taking this particular outing, so I went for 3.5 grams.

A 30 min decarboxylation plus 30 minutes in melted fat - going on your post, I'm guessing that will be sufficient.
I really wasn't keen on the idea of standing by the stove for 4 hours, making sure butter doesn't stick to the pan.

I assume I'll want about 0.5 grams per "dose", so make about 7 or 8, cup cakes etc.

Sounds doable. And if you haven’t had edibles in a while start small; I find almost no cross tolerance between edible and smoked. Yummies can creep and kick asses. Enjoy and maybe let us know how they went down.

I recently got off of probation. First thing I did was go get a gram of extract. Put it on parchment (a little concave so it would pool up). I preheated a pyrex dish to 250f and then put the parchment with the extract in the dish and tightly covered in foil. let it sit in there for 25 minutes then took it out to cool on its own prolonging the decarb for a few minutes.

This is the trick to making edibles... seriously screw butter...

Go to GNC and purchase "MCT Oil" make sure the ingredients say PURE MCT oil you don't want anything but the pure oil... Put the decarbed extract into a dropper bottle like the kind for ejuice (You can roll it into a log that will slide in and then put it in the freezer to harden it and ease the release from the parchment) then just fill it half way with MCT oil and shake it until its dissolved... You can take the rubber and plastic dropper off and put the bottle / oil in the microwave for 10 seconds to heat it up to make the extract dissolve better...

This worked perfectly for me one dropper gets me a light high without any paranoia. taking more than one risks paranoia lol. so... basically one gram of extract will last me over one month using this method...

hope this helps you its cheap money saver for sure and you can get super high this way although I don't recommend it since for me the only way to describe it is a calm paranoid insanity.

EDIT: I should mention the bottle... Its a 60ml bottle. Filled half way with MCT oil it was able to dissolve the majority of my extract in under a minute of shaking but after that it was pretty saturated and dissolved slow. it's important to lube the bottle before sliding the extract in to keep it from sticking to the bottle as that will make it take forever to dissolve off of the glass as the extract has half of its surface area protected from the oil.

Attachments

• weed.jpg
    weed.jpg
    446.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited: