• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Making dabs how much bud to get x anount of dabs.

Billard

Bluelighter
So my friend has become obsessed with dabs as of late but was telling me how its been dry on the dab side of things lately. He went online and was telling me about the flat iron with parchment paper way of making dabs. Wich i already heard of but never seen anybody make. So i was wondering how much dab would say like 4- 5 grams of good flower make? I was thinking about a half gram give or take a point at best. Anybody have any idea?

That sounds about right.

But of course all bud is different and has a different % of extractable oils depending on too many factors to count.

And dab sizes are not equal of course so who knows how many dabs you or your friend would get from a gram/half gram of extract.

General rule of thumb with extracts, in my experience, is that the end result will yield about 10% of the mass of your original substance.

1g flower -> ~0.1g extract

5g flower -> ~0.5g extract

10g flower -> ~1g extract

It's going to vary from process to process and sample to sample, but that's the general trend I've noticed.

On the other hand, there's people online talking about 39%-45% yields. That sounds like bullshit to me but hey, I'm not omipotent or anything.

As others have said there is no way to know how much anyone will get. If you take a scientific approach as Jibult did you can see about how to do it. The most important thing is the percentage of THC found in the plant material and this can vary greatly from plant to plant. Even his nice outline with easy math lacks one thing and that is how efficient you are as in practice its never 100% not even "close" usually. If you think about it even a 10% error, which is low, means that you left 100mg of THC behind in a 1g extraction which is very easy to do.

Having said all of that I do not believe 45% is possible as THC is a sticky kind of oil your plant would have a dab like consistency. Could you imagine you 300g of bud on the plant having like 150g of THC? They would either be coated in a sticky oil or have dabs literally growing out of them lol.

One LB or 453 grams of dank flower trim ( grown under hps) will produce one (28g) to two (56g) ounces of tipple refined wax.