• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Concentrates making CBG tinc from isolate: alcohol vs glycerin? any tips?

Khadijah

Bluelight Crew
what up bluelight I missed yall.

trying to make CBG tincture and cant seem to find any straight info online. everything i see is about making cbd or thc tincture from plant materials , but Im working with powdered cbg isolate. pretty sure the process is different. want to know if glycerine or high proof alc is a better bet considering i dont have to extract anything, and if i can avoid dosing up ANY amount of 180 proof booze as part of my morning dose thatd be cool, but if alc works better , i wanna know that too. strictly facts baby. im brand new as far as "tincture making experience" goes, so my bad to post for something so basic. but I cant seem to find reliable info thats not written by ai, focused on d9, or is some industrial study type shit about solvents to extract cbg from hemp etc. any of yall got experience with this or any tips and want to school me? thanks, with peace and love from jersey

CBG isolate is very similar to CBD isolate and dissolves rather easily in MCT oil. Alcohol does dissolve isolate the quickest but it's a terrible way to dose everyday. Also, it doesn't work any better as far as dosing goes. The only advantage that I've found alcohol to have is that it dissolves the isolate faster and without using heat.

If you want to make a premium tincture I suggest you specifically look for 100% C8 MCT oil. It's only slightly more expensive than regular MCT oil (which consists of about 30% C8) but I found that I digest this type of oil the best. It takes me 5 or ten minutes to feel the initial effects of my tinctures.

I don't suggest using lecithin as the digestion negatives (diarrhea) outweigh the benefits. Too much MCT oil can also upset your stomach but that's easily remedied by making your tincture potent. I'd suggest starting with a 1:1 ratio of C8 MCT oil and CBG isolate, roughly 1 gram of CBG isolate to one ml of C8 MCT oil. The only slightly complicated part of this procedure is heating the solution to dissolve the isolate into the oil. There are a few ways to do it but I prefer to put the mixture in an oven safe container ( borosilicate glass ) with the lowest heat setting available (170 or 180 F) for about five or ten minutes before I remove from the oven and mix. With small amounts the isolate should be completely dissolved into the oil at this point but if you are doing larger amounts (more than 30 grams at a time) you might need to repeat the oven and mixing steps a couple times.

That's it. Just two ingredients: your cannabinoid and C8 MCT oil. I use homemade tinctures everyday and feel confident in my findings so if you have anymore questions I'd be happy to help.

yo this is fantastic advice thank you! i got a 5g thing of the isolate, so its a small batch. im usually the type that figures out my own shit but this was expensive and i dont wanna fuck around so i appreciate the detailed reply. you covered a lot of shit i was ignorant on.

i had no idea id have to heat it to dissolve it, and i also had no clue what ratio to use. i been googling this shit but idk if its my browsers or what , its so hard to find info specific to isolates for some reason.

i just saw the good ol BL got fucking like buttons now but you the info you gave was the extra deluxe so you get that LOVE

yo this is fantastic advice thank you! i got a 5g thing of the isolate, so its a small batch. im usually the type that figures out my own shit but this was expensive and i dont wanna fuck around so i appreciate the detailed reply. you covered a lot of shit i was ignorant on.

i had no idea id have to heat it to dissolve it, and i also had no clue what ratio to use. i been googling this shit but idk if its my browsers or what , its so hard to find info specific to isolates for some reason.

i just saw the good ol BL got fucking like buttons now but you the info you gave was the extra deluxe so you get that LOVE
No prob