• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Making a oxycodone schedule as a daily kratom user?!

Bitchniggaz

Bluelighter
Ive been using Kratom on and off for a few years.
This run ive been on daily for about 6months.

I use different strains and colours of leaf to keep tolerance low and to get specific effects on different days/times.

For the most part i take 2smaller doses of green or white vein during the day.
(1dose in the morning and 1 about 3pm, i try to stay under 5g per day)
Since i buy various strains from different shops i can cycle my strains daily and my tolerance doesnt really increase.
The green and white strains i mostly use for energy and as a mood stabiliser.

Then about 2-3days per week i also take 1 dose of a red strain in the evening to chill out and pain management.
(I have nerve damage that some days can be quite bad)

I also have Oxycodone that i get from the doctor for this.
But i really dont want to use them often since they make me feel a bit to good.
So usually i only take it about 1-2times per month at most.
But when my pain is really bad it has happened that ive done it 2days in a row.

However i really want to avoid getting dependent on the hard opiates.(Also since i really enjoy the high im trying to stay ahead tolerance.
(So far i get the same effects since i started eating it)

My question is that if i would mess up and sometime eat it more then 3days in a row.
Would the red kratom be a strong enough opiod to kill most of the withdrawal symptoms?

What i mean is if im on oxy for lets say a week.
Could i go cold turkey and just maybe take high doses of a strong red kratom for some time and hopefully not feel the worst withdraw?

Now im not asking so i can actually do it, im just trying to learn more to have a worst case protocol in case my pain would put me into that scenario.

Depends on dosage but I was on 100mg+ a day with the odd binge of 200-400+... honestly would lose track on those nights and mix up 80s with 40s and not know how much I was doing.. I had almost unlimited oxy in every form and no job, free rent.. Bad combo!!

I did that for a few months and quit cold turkey by going into a boot camp for 4 weeks.

I snorted 40mg on bus ride to the boot camp so first day was all good but that didn't get me high, just kinda base line, slight buzz maybe.

The next day I was a bit tense, agitated, difficulty concentrating and my body felt a bit gross but not much different from an alcohol hangover. That lasted another day or two and then I was mostly fine.. Maybe more aggressive and confrontational than normal for a week or two but physically I felt great. All the good food and excercise would of made it easier.

I don't know what doses you are taking but if it's sporadic I'm gonna guess pretty low. I don't think taking them for 4 days would really give much withdrawals at all.. Then again I seem to be far less inclined towards opiate addiction compared to most people. Your desire for using them for further pain relief will increase the longer the stretch you use it though.. It appears like that's already happening here? First it's one day only. Then two days. Then maybe 3 or 4 days might be OK? That's not a good path to go down.

I never used it for pain but my habit formed after I used it for a week or two strait. After that it was the first thing I thought of when I woke up and id be snorting a couple 10mg's while taking my morning piss.

So yeah, be careful.

Depends on dosage but I was on 100mg+ a day with the odd binge of 200-400+... honestly would lose track on those nights and mix up 80s with 40s and not know how much I was doing.. I had almost unlimited oxy in every form and no job, free rent.. Bad combo!!

I did that for a few months and quit cold turkey by going into a boot camp for 4 weeks.

I snorted 40mg on bus ride to the boot camp so first day was all good but that didn't get me high, just kinda base line, slight buzz maybe.

The next day I was a bit tense, agitated, difficulty concentrating and my body felt a bit gross but not much different from an alcohol hangover. That lasted another day or two and then I was mostly fine.. Maybe more aggressive and confrontational than normal for a week or two but physically I felt great. All the good food and excercise would of made it easier.

I don't know what doses you are taking but if it's sporadic I'm gonna guess pretty low. I don't think taking them for 4 days would really give much withdrawals at all.. Then again I seem to be far less inclined towards opiate addiction compared to most people. Your desire for using them for further pain relief will increase the longer the stretch you use it though.. It appears like that's already happening here? First it's one day only. Then two days. Then maybe 3 or 4 days might be OK? That's not a good path to go down.

I never used it for pain but my habit formed after I used it for a week or two strait. After that it was the first thing I thought of when I woke up and id be snorting a couple 10mg's while taking my morning piss.

So yeah, be careful.
Thanks for the quick reply, since ive taking kratom daily for 6months i have some baseline opiod tolerance.
Usually just 40mg of oxy is enough to give me a nice buzz together with the kratom in my system.
I also use edible cannabis daily so that probably boosts it some.

Ive done at most around 100mg oxy in one day.
But at that dose the ithcing makes it not worth it.
So my sweetspot is somewhere around 40-60mg if im looking to get high and nod off a bit.

But have you combined it with kratom or was it only oxy you did?

The last time i quit kratom(about 1year ago, then i had a 6month break before going back on)
That time i used intramuscular ketamine for a few days to handle the worst withdrawal symptoms.
However kratom is a different beast then pure opiates.
The crash lingers for months and is probably more about dopamine and serotonin then just the opiod receptors.

I've only done oxy, although was smoking lots of weed at that time too. But no Kratom so can't give advice on that.

40-60mg sounds like an OK amount to do for a few days but like I said, be careful.. It can quickly lead to you 'needing' it for pain you didn't need it for before. If you are doing multiple days maybe try to stick to 40 rather than 60.. Any little bit helps..

Funny you mention the itches. I've never had them on oxy but get it pretty good on tramadol and mild on codeine or morphine. I always thought oxy didn't have the itch side effect, TIL.

Could i go cold turkey and just maybe take high doses of a strong red kratom for some time and hopefully not feel the worst withdraw?
From my personal experience once in wds from opioids it took like half a gram of kratom to get me up and about with a decent attitude but then not all kratom is equally effective so ymmv... just trying to say that maybe take the least amount of kratom as possible to minimize any wd symptoms from it when dropped instead of large doses.
Best wishes with this.
<3

From my personal experience once in wds from opioids it took like half a gram of kratom to get me up and about with a decent attitude but then not all kratom is equally effective so ymmv... just trying to say that maybe take the least amount of kratom as possible to minimize any wd symptoms from it when dropped instead of large doses.
Best wishes with this.
<3
Thanks for the heads up.
So far ive had no issues having oxy at home and have the discipline to not use it daily.
Honestly its not even super effective for my kind of pain.(it just takes the edge of and helps me to keep my self care routines with stretching and do what i need to feel better)
Its actually more of the emotional and mental relief it helps with.

What really kills any pain for me is ketamine.
That is one substance i cant have laying around without binging.
However i get very manic if i do it more then a few days in a row.
So i never get more then a few grams at a time.
If i dont have it home i barely think about it though.
So usually i plan my use several weeks ahead and make sure i dont have anything important to do those days.

Last edited: