Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Making 5-MEO-DMT from melatonin

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjput1

Greenlighter
Hello all,
As a frequent user of psilocin I am quite interested in a DMT experience. Unfortunately, I am low on funds so I wanted to create the least expensive recipe to obtain some DMT. Melatonin is structurely similar to 5-MEO-dmt except for it having an acetyl group and a methyl group rather than 2 methyl groups. Thus, to convert melatonin to 5-meo-dmt one would simply need to switch out the acetyl group with a methyl group.
acetic acid (stuff in vinegar) is a methyl group combined with a carboxyl group. Carboxyl groups are easily removed with heat which is called decarboxylation (same process used to make weed orally active.) Acetyl groups have the tendency to be replaced by more reactive components due to the interaction of carbon double bonded to oxygen. Thus if if I mix vinegar with melatonin and microwave the solution the carboxyl group in some of the vinegar should morph into CO2 and disappate. The resulting Methyl and H+ would normally transform into methan however the water in vinegar might form polar bonds with the H+ and the methyl group may replace the double bonded O to make the carbonyl group a methyl group resulting in 5-MEO-DMT, CO2, H20, and O2. If anyone has a strong understanding of chemistry please let me know if my logic is correct or incorrect. I have yet to learn organic chemistry in a college setting so I am somewhat ignorant to these interactions however I have taken chemistry 1+2.

We don't discuss synthesis of drugs at Bluelight, so I'm closing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.