Site Feedback Make supra-forums clickable on frontpage?

Reverend Random

Bluelighter
Ok, I'm sorry I don't know how to phrase that question sensibly. My point is as follows: when on BL homepage, I'd like to click on 'Focus Forums' or 'Drug Discussion' and decide which forum to visit from there. Same for 'MAPS Forums' for example, but it seems impossible to get there from the frontpage.

How I resolve that now, is by going to a specific sub-forum and then going up one level. Does that make sense?

Anyway, I thought it should be very easy to make this accessible from Home. Maybe there's a good reason why this isn't possible, but I don't really see one...

Thanks in advance!

RR

I meant the Home Page, not the Forum Page.

This might explain it better.

FINdb8h.jpg

I don't get the benefit of that. Why not just make your decision on that page and click then? It's not like there's a ton of sub-forums in each section, it's mostly just 3-6 to choose from.

What you might want to do is click the 'forum' tab and collapse each section by clicking on the 'up-arrow' all the way to the right on the bar that has each section name. This way you can have all the sub-forums in view on one page, then you can click on the forum name from there to see just that forums sub-forums, or click on the arrow of each one again to expand it back to the way it was before.

I don't know if that's what you are going for really, let us know.

Last edited:
I don't get the benefit of that.
I don't get the benefit of not having that. :) Matter of perspective, I guess. Is there a reason that they're not clickable from the Home Page?

But let me just give an example: there's several top-level forums that I browse (the ones I indicated, incidentally). For example, I am interested in staying up to date about psychedelic research. I then have to guess which of the subforums of the MAPS forums have new updates. I click that, find that there's no new content, scroll up, and select the MAPS-level forums. Then I can see where new things have been posted, not before. It's a relatively mild annoyance, for sure, but I find my browsing experience suboptimal and wondered if other people experienced this. Maybe it's just how I read the forum.

What you might want to do is click the 'forum' tab and collapse each section by clicking on the 'up-arrow' all the way to the right on the bar that has each section name. This way you can have all the sub-forums in view on one page, then you can click on the forum name from there to see just that forums sub-forums, or click on the arrow of each one again to expand it back to the way it was before.

I don't know if that's what you are going for really, let us know.
Thanks, that was a solution I hadn't thought of before. But tbh, I do prefer the front page, because I read the most recently posted news articles and get an overview of all the forums... aah well, anyway, I thought it was worth mentioning as I thought this might be a (simple) improvement to the forum for others as well.

i'm with tommyboy - i do not understand your requirement. the forums are listed right there under the headings - what am i missing?

to me, you can achieve your objective in one of (at least) three ways:

- click on the forum direct from the home page

- click on the category from the forum page and then drill down from there. i think this is what you want to to so do it from the forum page instead of the home page. problem solved!

- add bookmarks in your browser to the various categories. this is the most self-sufficient approach.

alasdair

Well, although it's not completely the same, it'll do. :) Don't want to make too big a deal out of it.

What I meant to achieve was, to arrive from the home page directly in here:
jsCQM5K.jpg

But then again, if no one else seems bothered, I'll just accept that this is me being somewhat neurotic. Thanks for the feedback guys.