Mental Health Major anxiety over quitting pot related to dreams

Imrlyscared

Greenlighter
I am scared that I might come across some intense vivid dreams. I read about it and it sounds scary as shit. I experienced first few days and noticed more vivid memory of dreams but I haven't actually gotten a well rested sleep yet. The dreams so far have been quite intense but not frightening. I am not prone to nightmares but do get bad dreams regularly.

My hope is that after actually getting a good night's rest I won't get some crazy ass nightmare or an intense bad dream that I can't awake from.

Been a few months of regular pot use. And stopped cold turkey. I do want to reach a stage were I haven't smoked weed in weeks.

My questions include

Can I prevent this even if that means using a technique to gradually increase the vividness without overwhelming dreams?

Considering I'm not even prone to nightmares and have experienced more vivid dreams without being well rested and fine with am I overstating the possiblity of a frightening dream?

Thanks

It does sound as though you are worried too much, or getting anxiety about having more vivid dreams.

Get into meditation with guided imagrey, or learn how to lucid dream. Good luck.

A few days? Even a pot addiction isn't going to resolve itself in a few days. Think more like at least a month. Bear it out naturally, and things will turn out for the better.

Thanks for the advice. I would say that my vivid dreams have already started. Do you think there is any sort of sudden increase in intensity I will get? :/ Or is it gradual and u can kinda see it coming.

In general, the worst of drug withdrawal tends to abate after a period of about two weeks

Last night I had my first lucid dream and I touched the carpet and tried to observe the level of realism in my dream and it felt realistic. I suddenly started tripping really hard when I started trying to observe the realism of the dream.

Thing is that stopping cold turkey is not important to me it's just getting past withdrawal.