• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Random Mail

Hannah Capps

Let the Redeemed of the Lord Say So
OK...

Over the last year there's been issues getting mail...the mailmen and women just haven't been paying attention or something...😖

I'm constantly getting mail for streets over with the same home number as mine, it's so annoying! How hard is it to deliver mail? Are they not paying attention? Can they read? The street names and house numbers are clearly displayed...

Next door neighbor's IRS check came to our home, knocked on their door and they were looking for it...profusely thanked me...they mentioned the same thing regarding the mail...

I know the mails been slow, but this is just ridicules! 😒

Just wondering if anyone else has been having this issue too...it's so annoying...

i get the same house number from the street over every once and a while. i always try leaving it in the mail box cause i heard the mail person is supposed to take that back, but they never do. it's usually only flier advertisements so i don't make too much of a big deal about it. if it seemed like a bill or something, i'd probably walk it over to them if the mail person didn't do the right thing.

i don't really get how the street over is confused for mine either, the words look completely different. not that i really want to take their job sorting mail to do a better job.

I haven’t noticed any issues with USPS lately personally

If this is a recurring problem, it may be worth reporting it to your local postmaster.

Yea, I've got the number for my local post office. I'll be looking up the postmaster for the city I'm in today. There is important mail from SSA, bills, bank mail, retirement, insurance, etc. I'm definitely going to call them, it's ridiculous. 😒

There's a huge church next door to me and every now & then I get a piece of their mail.
But it only happens when I get several items*, so I assume that it just gets accidentally stuck in the handful meant for my mailbox.

* My Mom used to live here and she's on all kinds of mailing lists. Also, this is a 100-yr-old house that has had many previous residents, many of whom were pretty sketchy and moved suddenly without notice. It's not unusual for me to get a dozen pieces of mail in one day, with one or none addressed to me

PS-- I don't complain about the USPS. For 66 cents, I can receive a letter from a couple hundred miles away in less than 24hrs. Not bad.