View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Magic Truffles dosage?

St3ve

Bluelighter
I'll be going to the Netherlands at some point soon for a day trip and was considering picking up some truffles from a smart shop whilst I was there. The little town I'll be going to only has one smart shop with the following truffle strains available: Psilocybe Atlantis, Psilocybe Mexicana A, Psilocybe Galindoii, Psilocybe tampanesis and psilocybe pajateros.

From my readings on the internet it seems that most people say you need about 5g of fresh truffles to get effects of 1g of dry cubensis. By that logic a 15g box should be similar to a 3g cubensis trip. Individual reports on the shroomery and other sites seem to say that they are milder though and that 15g is more like 2-2.5g of cubensis.

I'm looking to hear from people here what their experiences are with truffles regarding strain/dose and how it compared to "proper" shrooms. Recommendations as to which strain I should get are welcome too!

Im from Holland and i usually take 25 - 35grams for a good strong trip (if i can eat it all blegh)
15 grams is still a nice trip though. Mexicana is the weakest one and between the others i really haven't noticed any difference, so it's probably marketing bullshit (the boxes say all kinds of different effects)

So if you have experience with shrooms you will be just fine on 30 grams.

PS. The trip is much stronger when i chew alot and let my spit soak up all the goodies instead of quickly swallowing

Ok I'll probably end up getting a 20g box of atlantis then... Buying anymore seems a bit too expensive for me.

Yeah it is expensive. I really want to try 4 substituted tryptamines sometime. From what i hear it's like truffles, but much easier (and cheaper) to dose higher and get consistent effects.

What town will you be visiting?

I've heard all sort of wonderful stuff about 4-aco-DMT... Don't know of any sources that sell it in quantities though. Just the one dutch one that sells single capsules :/. I'll be visiting Sluis, just across the Belgian border ;).

anyone else dabbled in truffles?

Im also very interested in 4-HO-Met and 4-aco-DMT. They are a bit more expensive than 2c'x and other psychs, but i'll get some soon enough :D