Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Magic Mushrooms do not seem effective??

Juicy Zack

Bluelighter
Hello guys,

so i have tried magic mushrooms twice now and both times nothing at all happened to me.

First time i got a 3.5g off my friend, i ate a 1g with a chocolate bar. nothing happened at all
met my friend few days after, and i told him and he was shook. he said he ate from the same ones with his 3 buddies that same night i grabbed it off him and it got to them.

so, i went ahead and got some other ones from a different source [snip - no source discussion] and did the same thing i had a 1.5g and nothing happened to me at. Zero, Nada.

what is it happening??

to note: i do have a high tolerance for weed and mdma and stuff so maybe thats why?

should i try o take 2g or 3g next time?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had mushrooms, or what supposedly was mushrooms, in a chocolate bar before and it did nothing whatsoever, I concluded personally it was just a dud, outdated, low dose, I'd been scammed, who knows... I'm not sure if this is what you were saying though, or if you just ate mushrooms with a chocolate bar?

We are talking dried dosages, presumably? I just ask because if wet, then those doses are fairly low, and that could be a potential explanation.

We do not do substance ID here but 1.5g dried grams of psilocybin mushrooms should produce definite effectsin most people. Do you have any experience with other psychedelics? Did your friends report that they tripped? All this information will be helpful in determining the situation here.

Some people do just have a naturally sky high tolerance to certain substances, you would not be the first, although it is unusual. If you don't trip from 3g dried then I would think something else is going on for sure, maybe poor storage has caused the psychoactive chemicals to degrade, although my understanding of this process is not sufficient to say how likely this is.

Finally, I edited your post to remove an admittedly vague reference to a source, I don't mean to be overzealous but we do not permit any kind of source discussion here except in the most vague sense - for you to say you acquired from a different source the second time is relevant information, but for you to share any further specifics about that source is against the Bluelight User Agreement, kindly do familiarise yourself with it if any rules are not clear, and I do hope you appreciate our position here and my reasons for editing out this info! Feel free to ask either publicly or privately if you want any further clarification on that point.

I see you joined fairly recently also, so welcome to Bluelight! :)

I have had mushrooms, or what supposedly was mushrooms, in a chocolate bar before and it did nothing whatsoever, I concluded personally it was just a dud, outdated, low dose, I'd been scammed, who knows... I'm not sure if this is what you were saying though, or if you just ate mushrooms with a chocolate bar?

We are talking dried dosages, presumably? I just ask because if wet, then those doses are fairly low, and that could be a potential explanation.

We do not do substance ID here but 1.5g dried grams of psilocybin mushrooms should produce definite effectsin most people. Do you have any experience with other psychedelics? Did your friends report that they tripped? All this information will be helpful in determining the situation here.

Some people do just have a naturally sky high tolerance to certain substances, you would not be the first, although it is unusual. If you don't trip from 3g dried then I would think something else is going on for sure, maybe poor storage has caused the psychoactive chemicals to degrade, although my understanding of this process is not sufficient to say how likely this is.

Finally, I edited your post to remove an admittedly vague reference to a source, I don't mean to be overzealous but we do not permit any kind of source discussion here except in the most vague sense - for you to say you acquired from a different source the second time is relevant information, but for you to share any further specifics about that source is against the Bluelight User Agreement, kindly do familiarise yourself with it if any rules are not clear, and I do hope you appreciate our position here and my reasons for editing out this info! Feel free to ask either publicly or privately if you want any further clarification on that point.

I see you joined fairly recently also, so welcome to Bluelight! :)

First of all, thank you for editing my post and doing what i am supposed to do myself, no harm and no complaints about that, sorry i did not know.

Also, they were dried.. they did not taste so good so i had a snickers with them (i would eat some of the shrooms and then have a bite of the chocolate bar)

and yes my friend and his friends did trip that night, off the same stuff.

Strange, are you on any medication that might be blocking the effects? SSRIs are a typical culprit, but benzos, alcohol, other GABAergics can have a "muting" effect. You really didn't feel anything at all, not even potential placebo type stuff?

Have you done any other psychedelics before?

I am not on any other medications at all and completely healthy. the first time i just got a bit hot and started sweating a bit, thats all.

and i only did mdma before trying shrooms.

They would of lost all potency if incorrectly stored and dried. Also depends on what species they are. Some patches can be as little as 0.06% content in the same species all the way up to over 1.5% in a different patch. Im going to assume they dried them incorrectly by applying heat and then did not airtight store them.

^ Presumably this would make sense except that OP's friends apparently did trip...

Could they be a little more susceptible to placebo, perhaps? Like did you observe them acting clearly altered? Maybe they just knew they sold you duds but didn't want to admit it, I mean how good a friend are they?

Maybe you just have a super high tolerance though, maybe try a much larger dose if you can. Some people for whatever reason though just respond differently to substances that would fuck up almost everyone else, hard to say why, presumably some kind of genetically determined neuronal wiring which we won't have any more specific insight into until neuroscience and psychedelic science both have far more overlap and research into these areas.

It is possible for people to have some crazy high natural tolerance but out of stanislov grof work with thousands of clients with LSD i think it was only one who was even immune to 500 ug LSD til he broke open his mind by injecting his client with 1500 ug. So it is possible for some peoples brain chemistry to be quite tolerant to the effects of psychedelics.

I'm assuming there cubes the minimum starting dose is 3.5 grams so your prally not eating enough

Trust me if you wanna have a good trip that's not too intense 3.5 grams is the perfect dose when I usta sell shrooms if someone asked me how much to eat I'd tell em start with 3.5 grams n work your way up from there

Is this a good dealer or just some douche bag who'd rip you off

When I eat cubes I eat between 5-18 grams if your new to shrooms though I wouldn't recommend you eat no more than 5 grams at most

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191202-022250.png
    Screenshot_20191202-022250.png
    79.5 KB · Views: 7
Is there cross-tolerance with MDxx? Anyone?

@Juicy Zack has been mowing a lot of supposed MDMA lately as per the thread in MDMA forum. Could be affecting the effects here?

Oh man....zooms are great!

Not sure what the issue might be, but if you do ever get an effect, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Maybe slowly try upping the dose or find a legit source.

Oh man....zooms are great!

Not sure what the issue might be, but if you do ever get an effect, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Maybe slowly try upping the dose or find a legit source.

i tried doing 0.5g, then 1g, then 1.5g and nothing happened.

I think I will do 3grams next time and see what happens

Hello guys,

so i have tried magic mushrooms twice now and both times nothing at all happened to me.

First time i got a 3.5g off my friend, i ate a 1g with a chocolate bar. nothing happened at all
met my friend few days after, and i told him and he was shook. he said he ate from the same ones with his 3 buddies that same night i grabbed it off him and it got to them.

so, i went ahead and got some other ones from a different source [snip - no source discussion] and did the same thing i had a 1.5g and nothing happened to me at. Zero, Nada.

what is it happening??

to note: i do have a high tolerance for weed and mdma and stuff so maybe thats why?

should i try o take 2g or 3g next time?
Yes I'm afraid to say that quite simply, you underdosed both times.

Never expect a meqningful trip on less than 2.5, and even that is light.

3.5 grams upwards are where your much stronger experiences are to be found. 3 grams at least.

This is so strange. I've taken an 8th twice now and gotten blown out of our dimension--rolling on the floor thinking I'm going to die/loss of ego/etc.

I don't have the best tolerance to psychedelics but I've always found shrooms to be way too powerful compared to tabs where I can contain my shit. If it's any consolation I didn't find there to be too many differences between shrooms and acid--just harsher less clean visuals and a shorter trip span. They weren't different enough to declare them to be separate substances imo. Tabs are good enough lol

Can someone answer a question for me though? I've never done Molly before, but why do I trip visually on ecstacy? Do people trip a bit on MDMA as well?

i tried doing 0.5g, then 1g, then 1.5g and nothing happened.

I think I will do 3grams next time and see what happens

0.5g you're not likely to feel anything at all.
1g you're also not likely to feel anything at all physically, though mentally, I'd say you would.
1.5g you might start feeling like your visions a bit funny.

I've been making low dose tea for the last three or so months now. I always share it with friends. It's been usually around 1.5-2.5g, shared with up to three people.
The effects have been mild, obviously, but still noticeable, for sure. At the lowest strength tea doses I've found a mental clarity and sort of overwhelming feeling of positivity and contentedness.

Try 3.5g and I think you'll be good.
3.5g gets me to the mushroom land full on.

Best of luck! Mushrooms are dope.

Had the exact same thing happen to me, tried 2 times (First one 3.0g and then 1.8g dried). Nothing happened both times except for the slight trip tingles you get, i could def feel something and wasn't sober but i didn't feel that tripped out, not much visuals and my headspace was fine.