M/F Denotations?

acklac7

Ex-Bluelighter
So, I'm not new to the Vbulliten scene by any stretch of the imagination, I've been on various boards since about 2001. That said, I am new to boards where there is a significant Female precense - so I just tend to treat everyone as if they were Male, but as it turns out there's a lot of Females on here, and they aren't always readily idenifiable as such, right?

At any rate, what are the thoughts on some sort of profile option that denotes Male/Female below your profile pic when you post?

I dunno, just something to think about.

It's an idea, but would be awkward to implement I think.

Actually the option is already available. If correctly set in the member's profile, and the member has allowed for all to view their profile details, then gender will display.

Problem is twofold though:

The gender field is not mutually exclusive of all of the other fields in the profile. And one has to assume that if a member does not want their profile to be displayed publicly then there's a reason for that.

Why? Who have you been coming onto or sending nudes to only to find out they were not who/what you thought they were? 🤣 Because I see you've been really really "busy" of late again.

Actually the option is already available. If correctly set in the member's profile, and the member has allowed for all to view their profile details, then gender will display.

Problem is twofold though:

The gender field is not mutually exclusive of all of the other fields in the profile. And one has to assume that if a member does not want their profile to be displayed publicly then there's a reason for that.

Why? Who have you been coming onto or sending nudes to only to find out they were not who/what you thought they were? 🤣 Because I see you've been really really "busy" of late again.
Honestly? I’m after n00ds….

No, but seriously, I’m just not used to interacting with Women on forums, and it’s sort of weird to find out the guy you’ve been talking to for the past X months actually is a girl. It’s just, weird.

In regards to me being “busy”: I just want to move back to Columbus and go Fishing. That’s all I want to do. I just want this all to go away…

Yeah, I'm not sure if you're talking about having an m/f denotation literally on the thumbnail of their profile, like the little square box to the left of every post, but yeah it is already an option on the main profile.

Just sniff at them, grunt, and wait to see how they respond. If they fawn at you and release their mating pheromones, they're female.