• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc M.E. fatigue reduction

Bipman

Greenlighter
Hi all.

Not sure if this is the place to put this but I have an issue. I'm bipolar and taking Citalopram and Lamotrigine but also have M.E. or CFS. The chronic fatigue I get makes it difficult to do a job and I need to lie down a lot as it's very difficult to push through. To counter this I've tried caffeine, modafinil, amphetamine (speed) and de-ribose but they made a little difference for a short time. My constitution seems to allow the drug to work for a while and then stop working, even after taking a long holiday from it. Amphetamine didn't even work, with me getting all the downsides and none of the good ones. My hope is someone else may have had the same problem and found an anti-fatigue drug that worked. I've done a lot of research but I've come to the end of what I can try due my odd constitution.

Bipman

hmm, I might recommend kratom if the other stimulants didn't work, worth a shot (the problem here is kratom doesn't really last very long and can be quite addictive-- moreso than amphetamine really).

But if amphetamine doesn't help at all not really sure. I'm not familiar with ME.

have you tried adjusting your diet? I don't mean "eat healthy", I mean specific diets. I'm not really knowledgeable in this area but I've heard them work wonders for some pretty serious conditions.

Kratom isn't that strong and its stimulatory mechanism is similarly to caffeine (adenosine antagonism), so unfortunately I wouldn't put too much hope into it but of course giving it a shot can't hurt. It's not super addictive, I used it on and off for half a year in dosages higher than what's stimulating (kratom is stimulating in low dosages and becomes more narcotic like as dosage increases, has like 40 different active ingredients) and had just two days of some nervousness maybe but that was it.

The strongest stimulation I've ever had was from dextromethorphan + bupropion or dextromethorphan + methylphenidate. The latter combination isn't so good for the heart but it's incredibly stimulating. Take the stairs for going 5 levels up instead of waiting for the elevator stimulating. Had to stop both though because of side effects (physical stimulation) but if you have chronic fatigue it's worth trying and legally available.

Not a bad idea ta ! I'm used to taking experimental stuff I've been able to get hold of too which aren't available now so am used to titrating how much I first try.

Bipman

DXM + bupropion is even in clinical trials if I'm right and it hadn't been cancelled in the meantime. Well one downside is, that my experiences are from my teenage years (10+ years ago) and recently I tried it again because of depression and fatigue and got just side effects but in the time between I was heavily addicted to dissociatives and built irreversible tolerance so there's still chances that it might work for you. The quality of stimulation was more physical specially when adding some caffeine from energy drink, as opposed to amphetamine which at least the dextro isomer is more in mind than body.

In my case it's neurological rather than physical so difficult to treat.

Bipman