• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

M-AMPHET-SALTS 10mg Actavis generic for Adderall 10mg: Decreased effectiveness

Status
Not open for further replies.

InsomniacMike

Bluelighter
So the past 3 months I have been given generic mixed amphet. salts from the pharmacy that were manufactured by Actavis- they have a moon shape on it and almost look like a black-market pill.

Anyhow, I am prescribed 10mg of adderall in the PM as needed, but ever since getting this generic formulation from Actavis, the medication effectiveness has gone down probably more than 50%. I am wondering if I got a bad batch, or if Actavis generic mixed amphetamine salts are just not a good generic substitute for adderall. Btw im on paxil for social phobia (working good) and xanax for anxiety (4x/week; works great)
I took 2 of the Actavis generic adderall after i read an article about the recall so I thought maybe they were still good, just not as strong. I still only felt as if I had taken half of a 10mg generic adderall of a different generic m-amphet salts the month prior. Heres the recall

http://www.fiercepharma.com/manufac...avis-recalls-nearly-600-000-bottles-adhd-drug

http://www.golombhonik.com/Blog/2016/May/More-Than-600-000-Bottles-of-ADHD-Medication-Rec.aspx

I am only on Vyvanse because it is a branded and patented medicine until 2023, so I don't have to worry about generic issues with lisdexamfetamine until then. I am thinking about trying out Aderall XR again, but instead seeing if I could get the brand name Adderall XR instead of a generic substitute.

Don't get me wrong, Vyvanse works, but I find the side effects,primarily the negative ones, last the longest and it can make me go days without eating much but 500 calories or less a day for an entire week. This forces me to take breaks from the medication every now and then to regain my appetite. I feel as if Vyvanse is not really the perfect medicine for me. I tried Adderall XR 20mg for a short time during high school, but then got switched to. I take 70mg Vyvanse, and still find it hard to concentrate, focus, and complete tasks, duties, and resposibilities without being distracted, and feeling like I am always on the go. Theres always a thousand things I am thinking about every minute and I am still terrible with loosing things such as wallet, phone, credit card, and keys.

Is there anyone out there who has had any issues with the blue generic Actavis 10mg mixed amphetamine salts? If you do, please share below because I would like to hear your experiences and feelings towards this generic substitute.

We dont allow brand vs generic discussion. If you dont like one, ask for another but prepared for a hassle. Afaik, there has not been a recall on Actavis generic Adderall so must assume its fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.