• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

LYRICA

shuinata

Greenlighter
Hi!
I have an urgent question concerning real health issue.
I usually use this forum for recreational tips and damage control. This time it's a health issue.
My mom had a surgery and is in a lot of pain. Besides opioids she was prescribed 70mg Lyrica daily. Unfortunately, there is shortage at the pharmacy. So naturally I went out and bought a lot of 300 mg capsules through my sources.
Now I have to open the capsules and give my mom the appropriate dose. Any suggestions how to give it to her? Is it safe just to split the capsules content and mix it with water? Thanks for advice. These are hard capsules, whatever that means.

It is difficult to accurately measure doses like this because most of the capsules are filler. So one "dose" could be 10mg pregabalin and filler, another could be 100mg with very little filler.

But assuming you know it won't be 100% accurate and she is okay with that, split it as evenly as you can then either "bomb" it (put it in Rizla and eat it) or yes mixing with water is fine too.

It’s relatively easy, although she is on a bit of an odd dosage for Pregabalin!! Do you not mean 75mg?

Unless it’s changed the lowest dosage size is 25mg. You could easily pour half a 300mg into another capsule if you were halving them. I would add 300mg to 15ml of water. 5ml would then be approximately (not precisely) 100mg!!

yes it is it will work any way but break in half kk that go with the half then u know a dose it was u have a scale?