• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Lyrica vs Gaba

BrainCheese

Greenlighter
New member here, been reading this place for a while and decided to join in and jump in.

So here we go, I've been on Gaba for a while. I've seen users goods and bass. I've also had my fun with it. But now I'm like immune to the stuff. I've maxed out at over 10,000 mgs of it at one time and said yea that's enough because I didn't feel anything from it anymore. Found out that if I took a few weeks off of it I can crack 3000 mgs and get good. But it's never like the first time

So now I've got Lyrica. In the debate of using in combo with Gaba or by itself. I've read many combo stories. Know what's been said. But I want some serious opinions on it. Because some seemed like opinions from not so smart people who just come home , pop a massload of Gabs and Lyrics at one time for the first time then proceed to complain about the bad experience.

Here's my situation. Got a bad spine. DDD in lumbar and cervical spine, bone spurs in cervical spine, slightly shifted cervical vertebrae, nerve pain, and a bad left knee.

I've tried and been RXed pain meds, but the doc doesn't like that nor does it much and I don't mind. Rather not deal with the constipation or the risks of opiates. Had my fun with hydro and oxy anyways and not impressed with it anymore.

I like to hit clouds every now and then, Gabs was fun wile it lasted. But not only does it not do that for me anymore, it doesn't help with all the spine pain either anymore.

So just got the Lyrica today. So far just took one as prescription says to. But curious to either do it by itself in high doses, or combine with gabs. So what experiences and opinions does anyone have or advice? Remember, not only do I use this for constant everyday pain, but also want to hit clouds every now and then because living in pain everyday is depressing and stressful as many well know.

I have neuropathy in my legs and feet. Had it for six years and have used both. Both at once is what they call super Lyrica. It's nice. I would just take 450mgs-1gram of Lyrica and throw in a couple gabas staggered throughout when I wanted. It's nice. You obviously won't get too high when you use it daily. I would just take a day or three off before the weekend then get high on 'em. Use a bit less for a couple days to cover the difference when I felt like I could. Wash, rinse, repeat!

First off: WEED: I've tried both in all sorts of doses, am taking 1200mg gaba 3x for diazepam WDs....I find Lyrica to be better concerning interdose WDs, if i forget my GABA 2-3 hrs in i feel it, i get all shaky, sweaty all that good shit. It's good for WDs [mostly opiate] but I kinda regret starting it again to help get off Diazepam. They're both good together [Preg + GABA], I never had any issues. I didn't find anything about it to be unique. BUT if you wanna kinda bring the "magic" back, GABA is AMAZING with a fat J if you like to burn, great safe combo too. I like smoking a strong Indica with it. Kava goes REAL good with it too if ya dose them back to back! Definitely try it, a J just makes it all that much better. Either way, Lyrica overall is better in my books. I Hope I was of some help man ;)

You'd probably benefit a lot from ketamine infusions. Also do you take that gab all at once or do you take it in small increments building up to your dose as the later is supposed to lead to absorbing more while taking larger and larger doses causes more to pass through unused.

GP can help some with Benzo W/D's, after several rough days the GP picks up and def helps as the intensity wains. No crosstolerance of any kind though.

OT: A read through of The-Lyrica-(Pregabalin)-Mega-Thread-v-2-0 & Gabapentin-Mega-Thread-and-FAQ-s might help while you wait for replies.

Or:
So you see the search engine is your friend, if you don't like BL's, use Google and enter Bluelight after your search term.

Generally I need to take 3-4 times more gabapentin than Lyrica to get the same/similar effect. Even my MD call it "Lyrica light".
I stay away from Lyrica because I don't need it medically and so many friends have suffered from it. They pop them like M&Ms and apparently nothing helps with the withdrawal.
Me and a friend used to be horrified when people took several grams a day, but by day three we were taking up to two grams ourselves. Insane tolerance development once you start overdosing.
It also made me puffy and ugly, and we can't have that, can we?

Gabapentin is relatively safe drug. On the MSDS it's ld50 is 8000mg/kg

Seems I've always been immune... I mean, Lyrica works for me like great bills of fire, but gabapentin doesn't - with the exception of boosting very nicely benzodiazepines, and opioids to some length, but when sober with hangover, I took 10*300mg and had no effect whatsoever